Chang Koehan (KoF '02 UM)
|Max Desperation Moves|
- st. A is good to use as an anti-air for stopping hops. neutral on block, Whiffs on crouching opponents except for Chang himself.
- st. B is a short front kick that is special cancel-able and whiff cancel-able
- st. C is horizontal shoulder height ball swing. Good to use for mid-screen zoning, and to use as an preemptive anti-air. Whiffs on crouching opponents. Not cancel-able.
- st. D is a low round kick that hits mid. Good range, good push back on block, but not cancel-able.
- cl. A/B/D are cancel-able
- cl. A is a short back hand punch that can be easily cancelled into his hcb,f+P command throw or df+A
- cl. B and st. B are the same
- cl. C is a two hit downward ball swing attack that is neutral on block. Not cancel-able.
- cl. D is a special cancel-able side kick
- cr. A/B/C/D are cancel-able
- cr. A is a good ranged elbow attack
- cr. B is a short range low kick
- cr. C can be used as a grounded anti-air to stop opponents from jumping over you, but its relatively slow
- cr. D is a swings his ball and chain at the opponent's feet to sweep them. Special and whiff cancel-able
- j. A is a jumping punch that aims at a downward angle. Good to use as a late air-to-air attack, or ground-to-air anti-air close range hops and jumps in advance. Whiffs on crouching opponents
- j. B is a short jump kick is a good jump-in attack to start combos
- j. C is good to use to try to zone the opponent to stop incoming hops and jumps at a mid-range in advance. Hit box aims at a diagonal downward angle. Whiffs on crouching opponents if too close
- j. D is a jumping deep angled side kick. A bit hard to use as a deep jump-in combo because it spaces Chang far away to connect into his close standing normals.
Blowback st. CD - Chang throws his belly at the opponent. Nice range but not cancel-able j.CD - Chang swings his ball at an diagonal angle toward the opponent. Good for maintaining space, and pressure. Whiffs on crouching opponents if released too closely.
Hagan Geki [Face Crushing Blast] - close, (b/f + C_
- Chang grabs the opponent, then headbutts them. The opponent lands near the corner of the screen.
- Soft knockdown
Kusari Jime [Chain Chocker] - close, (b/f + D)
- Chang grabs and chokes the opponent. They land near the corner of the screen.
- Soft knockdown
- Can be teched out of
Hiki Nige [Hit and Run] - (df + A)
- Chang slides on his belly towards the opponent, 1/2 screen distance. Good range, good start-up, can evade certain normals, and specials, can evade mid-air projectiles (not ground skimming ones like Iori's or Kusanagi's), and can low profile anti-air.
- Hits low regardless if cancelled into
- Can be punished easily if blocked
Tekkyuu Daikaiten [Spinning Iron Ball] - (A/C repeatedly)
- Chang swings his ball and chain above his head. You can press left and right to control him while he is swinging.
- Negates projectiles
- Can stop spinning by pressing A+B+C+D
- C version stays out for a longer time if you don't stop Chang from spinning
- Vulnerable to lows
- Can cancel mid-move into Tekkyuu Funsai Geki by inputting qcb+P, that move will be different depending on your button input
Tekkyuu Funs Geki [Breaking Iron Ball] - (charge b~f + A/C or qcb+P during Tekkyuu Daikaiten [Spinning Iron Ball])
- Chang swings then flings his ball and chain towards the opponent. The opponent lands near the corner of the screen.
- Has autoguard while he's facing backwards
- C version has a longer charge time, but he goes farther
- Additional the starting frames of the spinning ball while charging, in the C version, can deal damage if the opponent touches it
- Will whiff if too close
- Soft knockdown
Tekkyu Taiko Uchi [Drumming Iron Ball] - (hcf + B/D)
- Chang picks his nose. If a move is countered, Chang sneezes.
- A counter move
- Active counter frames are while he's picking his nose
- Only counters high and mid attacks, most low attacks will hit him (aside from higher ones ex. Terry's crouching D)
- Normal result would be an extremely low damage knock away
- Randomly, quite unlikely you will get the 'buffed-up' version of the counter when he does a dramatic sneeze and falls to the ground, causing the opponent to be knocked off with major damage
Dai Hakai Nage [Big Destroyer Toss] - (hcb, f + A/C) close
- Chang grabs the opponent then slams them 4 times
- 1 Frame grab command grab
- Hard knockdown
Haki Kyaku [Spirit of Conquest] - (d, d + K)
- Full-screen low attack
- Must be blocked low or avoided by jumping
- When done up close, causes hard knockdown on hit
- Super cancel-able
Tekkyuu Dai Bousou [Wild Ball Attack] - (qcf~hcb + A/C)
- Chang slams his head on his iron ball, then rushes the opponent to unless a flurry of attacks ending in a belly flop.
- Catches airborne opponents
- Random finisher
- Slow to come out
- Finisher with his close B animation is a juggle
Dai Tekkyuu Assatsu [Iron Sphere Smasher] - (qcf, qcf + A/C)
- A giant headbutt then a bellyflop. Heavy punch version has a running start.
- A version flies up immediately, C version runs forward for about half-screen before flying up
- Invincibility on start-up
- Falling down part is an overhead, has auto-guard
- End of the move can OTG if hit correctly
Tekkyuu Dai Bokusatsu [Wild Ball Beater] - (qcf, qcf + B/D)
- Chang slams his iron ball down on the opponent a few times, then finishes with an uppercut ball swing.
- Hard knockdown
- First and second hit are overhead, also OTG
- If the first hit misses or is blocked, Chang only does 1 more hit, if the first hit connects, the rest of the move will follow
- If it hits correctly on OTG, the opponent will be brought back to standing position
Super Desperation Move
Dai Tekkyuu Assatsu - (qcf,qcf+A+C)
- An extremely high, giant headbutt then a bouncing belly flop.
- Flies up immediately
- Invincibility on startup
- Falling down part has autoguard
- Hits low upon landing
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Tekkyuu Dai Sekai - (B, A, C, A)
- Stops time
- Does a little dance for a few seconds before actually stopping time
- Dancing is NOT invincible now
- Unblockable, air opponents will be dragged down to the ground
- When time is stopped, opponent enters hitstun for a short while
- You can do pretty much anything while the opponent is in hitstun, moves that knock down or away loses their properties here
- The move ends when Chang has done enough damage or it lasted long enough
- Max damage capped for this move is approx 25% off a full lifebar
- No power bar is gained for either side while this move is running
- Opponent cannot recovery roll at the end of this move
-cr. Ax2, A/C repeatedly
-(close only) down, down+K, (SC) qcf,qcf+K
-cl. A/B/D, hcb,f+P
-(must not be close to corner) hcb,f+P, (B,A,C,A)
-(corner) qcf,hcb+P close B finisher (appears randomly), A/C repeatedly or qcf,qcf+P
-(B,A,C,A) -> whatever -> find some way to get close to opponent before HSDM ends, qcf,qcf+K (OTG)
|General||Main Page | Subsystems | Cancel System | Practical Tricks & Glitches | Notation | General Character Info | 2002 | '98: Ultimate Match|
|Characters||Kyo Kusanagi | Benimaru Nikaido | Goro Daimon | Iori Yagami | Mature | Vice | Terry Bogard | Andy Bogard | Joe Higashi | Ryo Sakazaki | Robert Garcia | Yuri Sakazaki | Athena Asamiya | Sie Kensou | Bao | Vanessa | Seth | Ramon | Leona Heidern | Ralf Jones | Clark Still | Yashiro Nanakase | Chris | Shermie | K' | Maxima | Whip | Kula Diamond | Foxy | Angel | Kim Kaphwan | Chang Koehan | Choi Bounge | Jhun Hoon | Lin | Shingo Yabuki | Ryuji Yamazaki | Blue Mary | Billy Kane | Heidern | Takuma Sakazaki | Chin Gentsai | Li Xiangfei | Hinako Shijou | May Jinju Lee | King | Mai Shiranui | Kasumi Todoh | Kusanagi | Kyo-1 | Kyo-2 | Orochi Yashiro | Orochi Chris | Orochi Shermie | Ura Robert Garcia | Ura Sie Kensou | Ura Takuma Sakazaki | Nameless|