- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Basics
- 3 Combos
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Matchups
- 6 Move Analysis
- 7 Frame Data
Nsidor is both the most difficult character to play as and most broken character in the game. Using the right attacks at the right time, he can start juggling his opponents mercilessly from anywhere on the screen and the only way out is for him to drop the infinite. He has poor magic defense and his falling hitbox allows him to be hit by things that wouldn't work on most other characters, but his height can also save him from certain combos or supers. Nsidor has a very nasty and effective oki game and a single mistake can spell the end for his opponent. Tough to master, but highly rewarding to play as.
2B > 236X (>236236X)
- Basic 2-in-1 that can be changed to include the designated Mana Burst. Loses one hit off of the super as a result, but is still highly damaging.
2B > 236D > D > 63214X
- Basic Army Dash combo that sends the opponent flying in the other direction.
2B > 236D > D > 421B > 7D (wall bounce)
- Staple Army Dash combo that can be altered to confuse your opponent by crossing them up instead. This combo ends in a blowback attack which can lead to further damage. A somewhat tricky combo to do.
5D xx 623A > 2A
- Overhead to Intercept to follow-up. Only works on characters tall enough to be hit by 623A while they are standing.
5D xx 236236A
- Overhead to super. Works on everyone.
2C > 421C, 236B > 236236X
- Silly juggle combo that involves bouncing the opponent off a fireball, then cancelling into a super.
2C > 421B xx 2C > 421A...
- One of Nsidor's many infinites and probably the easiest. Make sure the first fireball lands UNDER your opponent and doesn't hit them while they're in the air. All you have to do in order to keep up the juggle is link 2C after your opponent bounces off the fireball both times.
- Nsidor's signature weapon that's good for chipping with 6A and increases his damage output by a fair amount. Makes his infinite much more efficient to perform.
- The Rune Ax IB can be used in conjunction with Nsidor's Fireball Loop to create some havoc in the corner. This also serves as an effective, albeit meter-heavy, alternative to starting Nsidor's Army Dash infinite off of a Mana Counter wall-bounce. It is much easier to perform and also consumes far less time on the clock.
Serious Advantage Matchups
- Curse Head
Serious Disadvantage Matchups
Normals and Command Normals
- Lance poke that hits at a downward angle and comes out fairly fast. Good close-ranged poke that links into 5D and into itself and 236236X on counter-hit.
- Wide lance swing with a reverse hitbox that can be used to throw off cross-up attempts.
- A very hard, downward swing that plummets opponents on air hit but has fairly limited horizontal range. While it can be used as an anti-air, the start-up and overall hitbox makes it far from ideal.
- Overhead horse jump that connects when the hooves make contact. Can be linked into 5A or 236236X.
- A lance poke aimed at the opponent's feet that hits mid and stops dash-clashes.
- One of Nsidor's best pokes in terms of range and useability. Actually scoring a hit with this move will start the ball rolling for Nsidor, allowing him to perform some decent combos.
- The anti-air launcher that is rarely used as an actual anti-air but more typically as a way to perpetuate a juggle. It has a surprising amount of range and works well for punishing jumpers.
- Horse hoof sweep that comes out a lot faster than one might expect. It's also a little difficult to actually see what's going on as the animation itself isn't very big and can easily be hidden behind objects in the foreground. Pushes Nsidor forward a little bit.
- Nsidor rides forward a few paces and pokes forward with his lance. Incredibly annoying, difficult to punish, and very good at applying pressure. This move is Nsidor's other poke of choice that is used when you want to force your opponent into doing something stupid.
- Nsidor rides forward a few paces and swings his lance in an upward motion, which works as fairly effective anti-air.
- Another move that involves gently trotting along, except this time Nsidor performs a fairly wide swing that easily has the most range out of all of his normals. Not surprisingly, this move is not cancellable.
- A short gallop forward that despite the animation, connects when the hooves touch the opponent, and not when the horse's head does. This move replaces 5D during Army Dash.
- A quick poke that looks pretty much the same as 5A, only it's considered an aerial state.
- Forward lance stab that works best in "air-to-air" situations or places where you want to move backwards but still be able to poke at your opponent.
- Down smash that looks almost like a cross between 5C and 6C.
- As a move performed during Nsidor's basic "jump", this move is incredibly underwhelming, but performing it instead as 7D turns it into a very fast and very reliable instant overhead. 7D basically becomes a replacement for what would have been Nsidor's 6D blowback attack. Used as an effective way of halting Army Dash.
Front Throw: 6D (in close)
- Nsidor picks his opponent up with his lance, then slams them into the ground in front of him.
Back Throw: 4D (in close)
- Nsidor picks his opponent up with his lance, then slams them into the ground behind him.
A lance thrust with the same animation as his 236X moves, Nsidor's mana-counter can be used to start his infinite near the corner, but this is extremely hard to do.
Lance Charge: 236A/B/C
- Single-hit lance attack that knocks down.
- Button strength affects startup and distance. A is fast and short. C is long and far.
- During Army Dash, will produce wall-bounce effect near the corner.
- Burst cancellable.
- Anti-air lance blast.
- Button strength affects speed and damage. A is fast and least damaging. C is slower and most damaging.
- Pressing 2A/B/C during will activate follow-up called "Beat Up". This will inflict more damage and also smash the opponent into the ground of front of you, preventing them from teching.
- During Army Dash, Beat Up will cause the opponent to be thrown behind Nsidor and to bounce off the ground. It is possible to juggle them further during this time.
- Lobbed fireball that hits the ground and stays active for a while. 1 hit in the air, 2 on the ground.
- Button strength determines distance. A = closest. C = farthest.
Army Dash: 236D
- Command dash that alters the properties of normals and special moves and allows you to pass through your opponent.
- 214D will make Nsidor Turn Around. This can be done at any time.
- Pressing 8/9 will make Nsidor leave the ground in an actual jump. Pressing 7 will cause the horse to rear back and end the command dash.
- 4A/B/C will perform a Back Attack. This can be used to cross-up.
Lance Cyclone: 63214A/B/C
- Spinning attack that swings the lance in a circle around Nsidor's body.
- A version swings once and knocks down.
- B version swings twice with the first hit knocking into the air, the second juggling.
- C version swings three times but only the last hit knocks down.
- Only the A and C versions are burst cancellable.
Horse Kick: 623D
- Launching horse kick that isn't clashable.
- During Army Dash, the horse will kick behind rather than in front. Good for cross-ups.
Fatal Lance: 236236A/B/C
- 5-hit barrage of projectiles.
- Can be used to easily juggle the opponent under a variety of circumstances.
- Easily dash-clashed.
Undead Fire: 214214A/B/C
- Short-ranged burst of fire that hits many times. Cannot be clashed.
- Has little to no invincibility, making it easy to counter-hit.
Cavalry Attack: 214214D
- Summons a group of 5 riders with Nsidor delivering the final blow himself.
- Various follow-ups are possible depending on how the final blow landed and on which character.
|Characters||Ramda • Sandra • Curse Head ■ Elion • Fina • Evetta ■ Dorgan • Vargan • GerhardsenII ■ Vritra • Nagar • Mara ■ Orc • Troll • Goblin ■ Bernhard • Nsidor • Zon|
|Items||Healing Potion • Mana Potion • Power Bracelet • Scroll of Mana • Protection Ring • Amulet • Holy Symbol ■ Invisible Mantle • Wind Boots • Medal of Strength • Master Ring • Fortunate Coin • Talisman • Mutation Stone ■ Hellfire Sword • Magic Shield • Earth Hammer • Spike Mace • Demon Club • Goblin Spear • Ice Blade • Shining Staff • Shining Bow • Rune Ax • Extra Bullet • Draconic Figurine • Nightmare Blade • Evil Staff • Death Staff • Blood Sword • Naught Weapon • Dark Staff ■ Elixir • Demonic Figurine • Seven Keys • Book of Disaster • Magistery • Chaos Ring • Fang of Manticore • Dragon Scale|