The King of Fighters '98/Heidern
Heidern is on Dadteam because he's a dad.
He is a low tier character focused on zoning and counters, it has a lot of nerfs from 95 but its still a decent character.
- b or f + C -
- b or f + D -
- In air, b / d / f + C / D -
Other Normal Moves
- Run: Heidern has a short hurtbox during his run and is able to pass below high moves and fireballs - similar to Iori's Maiden Masher super (qcf hcb + P).
- Cross Cutter ((b) f + P) - Heidern cross his hands in his front for a Sonic Boom style charge projectile that is very useful to keep your opponent at middle distance, but had a slow startup. A version travels slow and C is faster, only comboable with a standing opponent.
- Moon Slasher ((d) u + P) - Heidern motion his arms like a circle to the head of his opponent, A fast startup anti air for jump in attacks, use it for punish and low combo enders.
There is a glitch related to this move: if you wiff this move, the next Storm Bringer (hcf + P), Killing Bringer (hcb + K) or Final Bringer (qcf qcf + P) will deal more damage (around 50% more). The buff ends if you are hit ou if the Final Bringer/Killing Bringer/Storm Bringer misses or is blocked.
- Neck Rolling ((d) u + K) - A blockable grab that its a good anti air for far distance, use it after a Cross Cutter but beware if opponent block because its unsafe, recommended agaisnt projectile spammers.
- Storm Bringer (hcb + P) - A short range command grab that steals your opponent's health (heals yourself). Its a good combo ender. It is a masheable throw. It is affected by Moon Slasher glitch bonus.
- Killing Bringer (hcb + K) - A Counter Move, use B for DMs, Specials and Jump In attacks, and D version for low ones. It steals your opponent's health (heals yourself). When triggered, it is a masheable throw. It is affected by Moon Slasher glitch bonus.
- Final Bringer (qcf qcf + P) - An upgraded version of his Neck Rolling that steals opponent's health (heals yourself) and is more unsafe on block, use it as a surprise move for combo enders and rolling opponents. It is affected by Moon Slasher glitch bonus.
- Heidern End (qcb hcf + K) - Its his main Super combo Ender, more safe than Final Bringer but with a slow animation.
- 0F: C throw; D throw
- 1F: -
- 2F: cr.B
- 3F: cl.A; st.A
- 4F: cr.A
- 5F: cl.B; cl.C; cl.D; st.B
- 6F: cr.C; cr.D
- 7F: -
- 8F: -
- 9F: st.C
- 10F: -
- Best jump-ins:
- j.C (Can crossup.)
- cr.A x 2 > (d) u + C
- cr.B / cr.A, cr.B
- Point blank: cr.A / cl.B > Storm Bringer (hcb + P)
- cr.C > Moon Slasher ((d) u + C)
- Far from opponent: A Cross Cutter ((b) f + A),
- (S)DM qcf qcf + P
- Neck Rolling ((d) u + K)
- Corner & standing: cl.C (2 hits) > (S)DM Final Bringer (qcf qcf + P)
Against some characters it is possible to add Shooter Narnagel (f + B) (1 hit) before the super.
- cl.C (2 hits) > Shooter Narnagel (f + B) (1 hit) > (S)DM Heidern End (qcb hcf + B)
- cr.C > (S)DM qcb hcf + B
Out of close range.
- Far from opponent & conner: A Cross Cutter with A ((b) f + A),
- (S)DM qcb hcf + D
- run, [any combo]
- Simple buffers:
- cl.D > (S)DM qcb hcf + B
- qcb + D > hcf + B
- cl.D > (S)DM qcb hcf + B
When you use the Moon Slasher ((d) u + P) glitch bonus (see on move description), DM qcf qcf + P still deals less damage than DM qcb hcf + K (just a little less), but SDM qcf qcf + P deals more damage than SDM qcb hcf + K. In fact, with the glitch bonus, cl.C > SDM qcf qcf + P, will deal more damage than cl.C > f + B > SDM qcb hcf + B.
Heidern is the only character that cannot start a combo from a low attack... His only non-knockdown low attack is cr.B and its not cancellable, nor chainable in another cancellable attack and it has frame disadvantage on hit, so you cannot link into his command throw (hcb + P) :(.