| Despite being hands down the weakest character in Hokuto no Ken, Jagi still remains quite popular - there are probably more Jagi users than there are Mamiya, Mr. Heart, and Thouther users. And why not? Aside from Jagi being awesome in general, nothing makes you looks cooler than beating a Toki user with him! However, the would-be Jagi user must overcome many hurdles to start to be able to win against the stronger characters, and many are not up to the task. A quick look at the matchup chart will give you an idea of just how bad poor Jagi has it.
Overall, Jagi is a character that requires superior player skills or extreme luck to have any chance at all, and for the most part should be considered a gimmick character best used when you want to challenge yourself, embarrass your opponent, or just have a good time. That being said, let us start this section off by listing Jagi's main strengths and weaknesses.
- His jumping A, crouching C, and Rakangeki super are all top-class moves
- Banishing Strike combos do decent damage
- Has the fastest crouching recovery in the game
- Using Jagi is like the opposite of using Toki: everyone will like you and think you are cool
- Has negative matchups against all characters; has two 1:9 matchups
- Holds a statue in front of him when guarding low, which breaks and stuns him if he blocks too much
- 100% combos are extremely difficult
- Terrible FKO
Before diving right into the combos be sure to familiarize yourself with Jagi's special/super moves and important normals.
See Normal Moves section.
See Special Moves section.
See Combos section.
|Kenshiro - Raoh - Toki - Jagi - Shin - Rei - Juda - Thouther - Mr. Heart - Mamiya|
|Basic Mechanics - Advanced Mechanics - General Strategy - FAQ|