- 1 Introduction
- 2 Move List
- 3 Frame Data
- 4 Combos
- 5 Strategy
- 6 Matchups
JET is a character that relies on resets into various oki options. He can reset you into a high, low, grab anywhere on the screen with ease (however is a beast in the corner) and continue to do so to an extent that would be called "setplay". With his Genei-Jin comes coast-to-coast combos and high/low pressure in blockstrings without the meter gain and non-damage scaling that SF3 Yun would have (meaning that JET's GJ combos scale terribly and are not worth it in the end).
With all of these advantages, it is no surprise that JET is thought of as a very strong character in the game. However, with advantages do come weaknesses.
JET has mediocre confirms when not close to the opponent, leading players to believe that Ducking --> Sweep is the go-to answer to get in and start his mixup game. That is not wrong, but it is not entirely true either. Mixing up his options in neutral and knowing when to do those options are best for a JET user. JET Knuckle is a great neutral tool that is relatively fast, safe on tip-block, and is high parryable only. 2D is a go-to poke that players can confirm into Ducking~5C Followup --> JET Blow --> FHJ, grab, 2B, or any other option that comes to mind, and is low-parryable only. His 6C is rather slow but does beat some moves when done at a proper range, dodges some pokes due to him moving back slightly beforehand, and is plus on block and hit.
With all of this in mind, JET is a character that is quite easy to use once he does get in, but difficult to utilize in the long run due to his many situational options to use while in the neutral game.
Super Special Moves
| Sweep ( + ) |
| Lunge Punch ( + ) |
| Target Combo |
| JET Blow( + ) |
| JET Knuckle( + ) |
| JET Ducking( + ) |
| JET Straight( + ) |
| JET Upper( + ) |
| JET Shot( + ) |
Super Special Moves
| F.G.J. ( + ) |
| L.H.J. ( + ) |
NOTE: A = LP B = LK C = HP D = HK
Most damaging combos (atm) OR confirmable combos are listed.
Compared to other characters he is a great rushdown character and his combos are listed by ender instead of Meterless,1 Meter,etc.
Target Combo (LK>LP>HP)
- Jet:2LK*2>LP>HP 4Hit(7116)
- Jet:2LK*2>LK>LP>HP 5Hit(7605)
- Jet:LP>LK>LP*2>HP 5Hit(8867)
- Jet:LP>LK>LP>LK>LP>HP 6Hit(9336)
Blow>Knuckle (236P>214P) enders
- Jet:JHK>HK/2HK>JETBlowH>JETKnuckleL 4Hit(15247)-- Two Special Combos
- Jet:2HP>JETBlowEX*2>JETKnuckleH 4Hit(14356)
Upper>Blow>Knuckle (623P>236P>214P) enders
- 2LK*2>LK>JETUpperH>JETBlowH>JETKnuckleH 6Hit(9354) --Low, Low Parryable Starter Confirm.
- LP*2>LK>JETUpperH>JETBlowH>JETKnuckleH 6Hit(10841) --Mid, High Parryable Starter Confirm.
- 2LP*2>JETUpperH>JETBlowH>JETKnuckleH 5Hit(11756) -- Most Damaging Confirm from light attack for universal usage. Mid and Low/High Parryable.
EX Blow (236AC) Combos
- 6HP>2LP>JETBlowEX*2>JETUpperH>JETKnuckleH 6Hit(15910) -- Link after 6C
- 2LP>JETBlowEX*2>JETUpperH>JETKnuckleH 5Hit(11660) -- For max range 2A punish.
Ducking (236K) Setups
- Jet:JHK>HK>JETDuckingHK>JHK 4Hit(16808) -- Jump In Damaging
- 2HP>JETDuckingHK>JETUpperH>JETKnuckleH 4Hit(15943) --Can also be done off of 5D starter (better as that is only high parryable, but less damaging)
- 2HK>JETDuckingHP>JETKnuckleEX 3Hit(13330) -- A (LP) version of Jet Knuckle is -10 on hit, so use EX version for kd.
- 2HK>JETDuckingHP>JETKnuckleL>F.H.J 4Hit(17410) -- Also can be done with any heavy starter.
Shot (623K) Setups
- JETShotH>JETKnuckleL>F.H.J 3Hit(12500)
- JETShotEX>LP>LK>JETUpperH>JETBlowH>JETKnuckleH 6Hit(13073) -- Can be done meaty in corner after reset and link into 5C instead of 5A.
- HK>JETUpperH>JETDuckingHK*2>JETKnuckleH 5Hit(15797) -- Punish Combo. 2C starter does more damage.
F.H.J. (236236P) Ender
- LK>LP>HP>F.H.J 4Hit(15468) -- Target Combo Confirm
- JETStraightH>JETKnuckleL>F.H.J 3Hit(16100) -- Jet Straight Confirm (-4 on Block However)
Essentially midscreen combos, except do JET Upper instead of Blow and Jet Straight instead of Knuckle for resets.
- JETUpperH>JETKnuckleH*7> F.H.J. 9Hit (12274) -- Corner to Corner carry Combo.
- HK>JETUpperH>JetDuckingHK>L.G.J.>JETKnuckleH>JetBlowL>JetBlowH>JETKnuckleH>JetBlowL>JetBlowH>JETKnuckleH>F.H.J. (17728) -- Midscreen to Corner
- HP > L.G.J. > HP >JETUpper*7>JETBlow>F.H.J. (18421) - Midscreen to Corner L.G.J. Cancel Combo
- 2LK>LP>HP>L.G.J.>6HP>JETKnuckleH>JetBlowL>JetBlowH>JETKnuckleH>JetBlowL>JetBlowH>JETKnuckleH>F.H.J. (18821) -- Crouch opponent Midscreen to Corner Combo
- HK>JetDuckingLK>JETKnuckleL>L.G.J.>LP>HP>JetDuckingHK*5>F.H.J.*2(20897) -- Corner Combo
Combos To Transcribe
From 4.3 (Don't know if some are still possible) https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLvr03l-mFrcuJlv1gzMJ7bDfSFWGDZSkS&v=qqorI_NBeA4&feature=player_detailpage#t=56
vs. Dark Jyuzumaru