Marvel vs Capcom 3/Arthur
In a nutshell
Arthur's game plan is to lock down his opponent with waves of projectiles. His arsenal of daggers, lances, and axes can attack from nearly any angle. Arthur cannot dash and is not very mobile, so to win you will need to dictate the pace of the match and frustrate your opponent. Pairing Arthur with a shot type assist that covers an angle he cannot, or an assist to help get opponents away from you if they get in will be a huge help to his game. Watch out for characters that can teleport behind you, as these will be Arthur's most deadly foes.
Beginners Video Walkthrough
Gold Armor Special Moves
Tips and Tricks
- When Arthur is in Gold Armor, incoming damage is reduced by 20%. When he is nude, incoming damage is increased by 30%.
- Summon Arthur's Gold Armor, then tag him out. His assist will remain powered up for as long as Arthur is not on point. This is especially good with his Fire Bottle Toss and Dagger Toss assists.
- Arthur Can Kill Thor in one combo with some assists here is a video
- Make up for the lack of a dash using Arthur's Joust command normal. This combos into his Special button launcher and nets him some damage.
- If you end an air combo with S correctly, you can land, throw a Fire Bottle, and super cancel into Goddess Bracelet. The fire will pick them up off the ground and put them into your powerful level 1 super.
- Arthur can link one Goddess Bracelet super into another. Should you land this move in your keepaway,
you may want to spend the additional meter to do more damage. Video example courtesy of VIP2GAMING.
Level 3 X-Factor Gold Armor Arthur is silly. He has 3 projectile death loops with lances, fire bottles, and axes. The lances can combo from full screen and only take about 4 for a dead character. The fire bottles actually work better out of gold armor because the ground fire doesn't start when you hit the character. The axes are a little tricky but they can cross up. The axes move in a weird arch so the trick is to hit them with the arch going up and then on its way back down. You have to find the right spacing for different size characters but it wont work on a some.