Marvel vs Capcom 3/Chris
In a nutshell
Chris is a keepaway character that excels in controlling the ground and inflicting . Using a variety of heavy weapons and grenades to create a symphony of destruction is easy for a Chris player, and frustrating his opponents into mistakes is just another day at work. While Chris has a lot of combo potential, his poor movement won't often leave him in a place to show off his boulder punching skills.
Tips and Tricks
- While Chris' gun attacks cannot be canceled, you can pair them with assists to help pick the opponent up for more damage.
- Chris' Shotgun covers a ton of the screen and causes enough hitstun to prepare your next attack.
- Chris' Flame Thrower deals some of the highest chip damage in the game. It also works as a great anti-air when performed early. Remember to hold to keep the flame going longer. If it juggles properly, you can super cancel this into Sweep Combo super. The best way to do this is to use + to activate the super without letting go of .
- Chris' Light Grenade will sit at his feet and ward off potential attackers. Even if they hit you, they will probably be hit by the mine and be subjected to more keepaway.
- Chris can use any of his projectile weapons, including his pistol, to shoot his grenades, causing them to explode prematurely.
- On point, Chris' Sweep Combo when used in a Team Hyper Combo hits on the same frame it is activated, meaning that if your opponent is not already blocking, they have already been hit.
- Holding , , or buttons during the startup of Satellite Laser Hyper will determine the possition of the reticle. - a quarter screen away from Chris, - in the middle of the screen, - fullscreen range.