Marvel vs Capcom 3/Hsien Ko
In a nutshell
Hsien-ko is a versatile, but slow character with a lot of options and one of the best assists in the game. Hsien-ko can use her long range normals in conjunction with her Gong reflector and Item Toss moves to play shockingly effective keepaway. In close, she scores great damage by following her throws with supers, and has some amazing normals to harass players with. Getting in close isn't too hard, either, as you can use her Swing to close the distance quickly while covered in a massive ball of damage. Hsien-ko's Hyper Armor mode powerup may be brief, but tagging her out lets her keep it until she returns, and makes her Swing assist one of the best in the games.
Stars or pots: 70,000
Stars and pots dizzy
35,000 x 8)
Tips and Tricks
- Hyper Armor activation is very punishable on startup, so super cancel into it from the Gong or give yourself a little space. Try DHCing it into a teammate's safe super to get Hsien-ko out and start abusing her armored assists.
- You can attack on the way down from a Senpu Bu swing, and if you mix up the number of hits you do on the way down, you can confuse your opponent. Do they need to block high for 1 hit or 4? You can decide, and then land with a low.
- Hsien-ko's bombs cannot hurt her, so if you throw one, you can move in without fear and pester your opponent.
- Her dash makes her invincible for a moment, and you can use it to pass through opponents or projectiles.
- You can use Senpu Bu Swing in the air three times before you have to land. This can keep you airborn for a very, very long time.