Marvel vs Capcom 3/Sentinel
In a nutshell
Sentinel is quite a terrifying opponent in Marvel vs Capcom 3. He has armor on his Medium and Special normals on the ground, and he can use these like the Hulk uses his to crush an opponent's offense. He can also use his mouth lasers and Sentinel Force drones for some disturbingly good zoning. To top it off, he comes with a double jump, a flight mode, and a nasty command throw. However, he is also the largest target, making him subject to some Sentinel-only combos. If you'd like a slower jack-of-all-trades style character who really packs a (rocket) punch, add Sentinel to your ranks.
25,000 per volly of bombs
Tips and Tricks
- Pressing during flight will end flight automatically with that attack.
- Sentinel can call a 2nd set of drones very quickly after recovering from the 1st. Pack these as tightly as possible and try not to let your opponent move.
- Sentinel can easily you off of most of his throws or knockdowns with his light Rocket Punch. This should be super canceled into Hyper Sentinel Force or Plasma Storm for big damage.
- Flight carries a lot of momentum, so be sure you know where you want to go and have a plan to land safely.
- Because flight only counts you as being in a Super Jump if you activated it from one, try double jumping, then activating flight, and then calling assists from the top of the screen.
- You can cancel his standing Heavy mouth laser before it starts with a Human Catapult grab, using the kara cancel technique, to drastically increase the range on the grab.
- The Event Mode patch has since reduced Sentinel's health from 1,300,000 to 905,000. Keep this in mind while using him, as this loss in health makes him even more vulnerable to Sentinel-only combos, some of which now have the opportunity to one-hit KO him if done correctly.