Marvel vs Capcom 3/Zero
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
In a nutshell
Zero is a tricky character with a large variety of moves that are complimented by different assists in different ways. He can play keepaway with his buster arm and Hadangeki slashes, or he can try to get behind you with his teleports and his Raikousen. Dedicated Zero players will find that their teammates are the key to a decisive victory against any opponent.
Tips and Tricks
- Zero can activate Sougenmu and then tag out to pause the timer and keep the shadow clone on his assists. This is particularly useful with his projectile assist.
- Calling an assist and teleporting through your opponent is as effective as ever with Zero. Now, you can include his Raikousen into this tactic as an alternate way of getting behind your opponent.
- The recovery on Sougenmu is pretty quick, so you can DHC a mistimed super into this to keep the team safe and let Zero start some offense.
- You can charge the Zero Blaster with any attack. While charging, you can switch buttons. For instance, while holding Light, start holding Heavy and then release Light. You'll still be charging the blaster.
- While Zero doesn't have any ground moves that hit overhead, jumping with an instant air-dash followed by air is super-fast, an easy hit-confirm into massive combos and will cross-up if you know your spacing. The cross-up version is particularly useful when coupled with assists (especially low-hitting ones) as it makes it really hard for the opponent to block and as such is often a great way to start a round.
- Zero's crouching is a great normal. The startup leaves a bit to be desired, but it does more damage than his standing and has insane priority. This is the move that annoys everyone in footsies because Zero can just throw it out and win most poke wars, following up with standing for a mad easy hit-confirm into massive combos. Because these normals are so good, it's generally the prevalent consensus for players who like to keep a mega buster charge to use the button to do so.