Tatsunoko vs Capcom/Ryu
From Shoryuken Wiki!
(Redirected from Ryu (TvC))
TvC says that Ryu originated from the first Street Fighter (which is true).
- F+B - Two Punch Overhead, or a two hit punch. It's very useful for crouching opponents. If you do this on a crouching opponent, you can link it with his QCF+AB super or a super move like a hadouken.
- F+C - A roundhouse kick. This can be used in a combo. It can also be cancelled into a super (example, F+C xx QCF+AB super).
- Quarter Circle Forward + Attack (Can also be done in the air)
- Weak version travels slow, medium version travels in moderate speed, and the strong version travels pretty fast.
- Quarter Circle Back + Attack (Can also be done in the air)
- Weak version does 2 hits, medium version does 3 hits, and strong version does 4 hits.
- Forward, Down, Down-Forward + Attack
- Weak version does 1 hit, medium version does 2 hits and launches them mid-screen, and the strong version does 2 hits, but launches them 3/4ths of the screen.
Joudan Sokutou Geri
- Back, Down, Down-Back + Attack
- All three versions kick the enemy into the wall, causing a wall bounce.
- QCF+AB (Can also be done in the air) - Super fire ball wave - This super does around 19 to 20 hits. Good to use at the end of a combo.
- It has a large hitbox and comes out fast, very good punisher.
- QCB+AB - Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku - This does around 43 hits. It can be used in a combo, but slightly more difficult to connect.
- It has invincibility on startup so it can be used to bait a normal or IAD.
- DP+AB (Level 3 Super) - Shin-Shoryuken Super- Ryu does 3 powerful lightning punches on the enemy, causing them to fly REALLY HIGH into the air (literally off screen for about 3 seconds). This can be used to continue your combo. If your enemy jumps during this super, Ryu will do around 8 hits.
- This also has invincibility, after the animation is finished Ryu can continue the combo mid screen or in the corner with any normal, special or super.
- Ryu can be played traditionally, hadoukens are medium size and clash with most projectiles in the game. His shoryuken is a perfect anti-air stopping nearly every IAD in the game.
- However Ryu can be played aggressively, his jumping C is very wide and can be jump canceled on block. If he has a sliver of baroque he can do a blockstring, baroque out and IAD for a crossup.
- During a blockstring, if Ryu hasn't used a heavy attack he can perform 6B then use a special attack (commonly Joudan Sokutou Geri) or baroque into a ground string
- Ryu can create a shield using his hadouken, by firing a hadouken then immediately using BBQ he can dash next to his fireball, it will absorb one hit for him while he inches to his enemy.
- If you use a shoryu, you can BBQ low to the ground for an instant overhead.
- Shinkuu hadouken can get affected by damage scaling. After Joudan Sokutou Geri you can do AB *pause* 6B 236AB to reset the scaling, it relies on the opponent not blocking the overhead.
- Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku has invincibility on startup. After doing an unsafe string, it can be used to hit people attempting to punish you. For people using IADs it can cause them to crossup Ryu in his startup animation and then Ryu will catch them.
- If Ryu uses shinkuu hadouken and the opponent calls their partner after the super flash the hits will be distributed among the opponent and partner, causing them to recover very quickly and they can easily punish Ryu.
- Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku can be used during a megacrash and will punish it. Shin Shoryuken can be used during a crash but completely whiffs