| Shin is a hard-hitting power type character, and has the ability to Guard Crush any opponent. During the early days of the game's release he was considered the strongest character, but he has fallen greatly in the rankings as the other characters have become more and more developed while he has stayed mostly the same.
Between his command grab, 2B, and instant air dash B, Shin has a very good wakeup game, especially in the corner. However, his ability to apply continued pressure is lacking in comparison to other characters, and he has a very tough time getting out of bad situations. The simplicity and high damage of his combos, as well as his general ease of use make him a very good starter character, much like Kenshiro. Unfortunately, he lacks the same potential - of all characters, Shin has the hardest and least practical 100% combos. That being said, let us start this section off by listing Shin's main strengths and weaknesses.
- All characters have a Guard Crush gauge against him
- Very easy and powerful Banishing Strike combos
- Good mixup, especially in the corner
- Great star reducing ability
- Has difficulty getting out of pressure
- Is very easy to perform Hyakuretsu combos on
- 100% combos are extremely difficult and unpractical for the most part
Before diving right into the combos be sure to familiarize yourself with Shin's special/super moves and important normals.
See Normal Moves section.
See Special Moves section.
See Combos section.
|Kenshiro - Raoh - Toki - Jagi - Shin - Rei - Juda - Thouther - Mr. Heart - Mamiya|
|Basic Mechanics - Advanced Mechanics - General Strategy - FAQ|