Street Fighter Alpha 2/Adon
Drawing from the speed and cunning of the majestic jaguar, Adon's style has been known to mesmerize victims. A master of Muay Thai, Adon trained with Sagat, but when the latter was defeated by Ryu, Adon believed Sagat to be a disgrace. Adon now seeks Sagat to become the Muay Thai leader once and for all.
Adon is pretty good in A2, of course he has a few flaws, but he is blessed with good normals and a awesome cc. When Adon hit, he hits hard.
- Great set of normals, c.mp is rose-lite
- Custom combos hurt no matter the level
- Great set of supers, both safe on block
- Long reach
- Jag tooth mind game
- Awesome anti-airs
- Jag kick sucks, free hit or cc on you if you use this except in certain cases
- Jag tooth can be cc pretty easily
- Sweep is laggy, can be cc
- Quick little elbow, alot of characters cant duck it, ok normals not great
- Quick punch, duckable by most peeps, can be cancelled inot specials, decent far anti air s.mp xx hk dp juggles
- A hard punch similar to shotos, no real use
- Quick shin kick w/ slight frame advantage, good poke up close.
- A mid hit knee with good priority and limted aa abilities, good poke.
- Long poke, not duckable, very very good zoning tool
- Rose-lite. Very abusable poke that stuffs aloooot of moves, and cancelleble. Use like you would Roses, links into itself
- Very good anti-air, loooong reach, about the same as s.hp, ver very good poke as well
- Short kick to the foot, hits low, not much frame advantage
- Very good low poke with good range, cancellable
- Long ass sweep, but laggy, cc starter
- Very good air-to-air and jump in
- Slow to some out, but beat almost anything when it is
- Good air-to-air
- Extremely good cross up, decent jump in
- Very good jump up or jump back move, with awesome range and priority.
Both throws do the same amount of damage
Very unsafe move, on hit they can still do a cc or cr. xx special. Only time it is safe is by distance, example is hitting Ryu's hand with a jag kick at max distance. Jag kick in my experience is the best version to use to punish fireballs, leaving you far away. Using this move wrong will get you killed very fast.
Nice for mind games and safe on block, BUT very easy to cc and alpha counter. Use to make your opponent whiff a move and punish with a cc. Doing this on reaction to a fireball will get you dp'd or cc'd.
Jaguar Varied Assault
This move is safe on block and lvl 3, good wake up super. Combo into this after a cross up. Lvl 2 is not safe since he jumps up at the end. Mash kkk at the end of the lvl 3 to get a stronger version, mash ppp if it is blocked.
Adon rapid fists the opponent as an anti-air, and sends them almost fullscreen.
NOTE* for the USA revision (960430), Adon's Punch AC hits the opponent very easily during a fixed animation frame (even if it is a weak attack), making it a slight buff. Special thanks to Raf for the finding!
Adon's Kick AC also acts as an anti-air and sends the opponent about 1/4 screen away from you.
You wanna force your opponent to mess up and punish hard. His cross up is very good, and should be done after any knock down. Adon want to zone the oppoent and be smart with jag tooths to make them jumpy. cr. is your friend, but dont under use his other normal cause they are very good, especially cr., cr., . His overhead has good range but use it sparingly since it is slow and can be cc'ed; best used after knocking them down. Just remember: hit hard, always look for a opening to land his cc.
These ccs can be at any lvl, just watch the meter and end with dp.
This is where Adon shines his long limbs let him punish from far away, even blocked fireballs mid screen. To punish from far as hell, use to start cc #2. Most customs you do should be #1 or #4. Also at lvl 2/3, blow threw fireballs and cc, pretty much a round winner. After any cc, sweep, if the tech roll you will hit them and get a free jag dp juggle.
Adon: lvl 1- c.rh xx hk dp x2
lvl 1- c.rh xx lk jag kick x2, hk dp
lvl 2- c.rh xx lk jag kick xN, hk dp
lvl 3- c.rh xx [hk jag kick, hk dp]x2
lvl 3- c.rh xx lk jag kick x4, mk jag kick, hk dp
lvl 3- c.mp xx lk jag kick x5, s.mp or s.lk in hk dp (must be standing)
Vs. Adon (self): 5-5
Vs. Akuma: 4-6
Vs. Birdie: 6-4. You can anti-air him with any of your normal aa's (Rising Jaguar, df+mk, cr. hp (far), and just AC as well) and that will take a lot of his game away. Don't ever jaguar kick unless you want to die or you're absolutely sure you're far enough away to be safe. This match is basically just building meter and trying to outpoke each other, then land the CC.
Standing roundhouse and cr.mp are obviously tough for Birdie to deal with, but remember his cr.hp will AA just about anything.
Vs. Charlie: 4-6
Vs. Chun-Li: 4-6
Vs. Dan: 7-3
Vs. Dhalsim: 4-6
Vs. Gen: 7-3
Vs. Guy: 5-5
Vs. Ken: 3-7
Vs. M. Bison (dictator): 7-3
Vs. Rolento: 4-6
Vs. Rose: 4-6
Vs. Ryu: 3-7
Vs. Sagat: 5-5
Vs. Sakura: 3-7
Vs. Sodom: 4-6
Vs. Zangief: 5-5
|Adon - Akuma - Birdie - Charlie - Chun-Li - Dan - Dhalsim - Evil Ryu - Gen - Guy - Ken - M.Bison - Rolento - Rose - Ryu - Sagat - Sakura - Sodom - Zangief|