Street Fighter V
Street Fighter V
The first brand new Street Fighter in 8 years is finally here! Street Fighter V is Capcom's latest installment of the epic Street Fighter franchise and the popularity of Street Fighter in the competitive eSports world has never been bigger! Everyone wants to get in on the action of this new installment, so in order to play at the maximum level possible, all the information you need about the game will be found here! So peruse all the different sections, read up on your favorite character, and get ready to rise up versus the rest of the world!
Controls and Terminology
Throughout the guide, there will be a lot of jargon thrown around, and unless you know what these terms are referring to, it might be difficult to understand some of the more complex lingo and slang used. So before we begin, please take some time to look over these next few sections to familiarize yourself with some of these terms, so the rest of the guide will make more sense.
This portion of the Guide will tell you how just about everything in Street Fighter V works. From Dashing to Crush Counters to Blocking to Throws to V-Skills to Stuns... just about every technical aspect there is to know will be described in this portion of the Guide. So take a look, and learn how Street Fighter V works from the insides...
In every Fighting Game, there are the basic, common factors that exist. Life Meters exist in just about every Fighting Game, for example. This section discusses these elements, the factors that can affect the outcome of the battle that are not controllable by the player.
Universal Abilities are the abilities that are shared by all characters in Street Fighter V. These include your most basic of abilities, such as Walking, Blocking, Crouching, Jumping, Buffering, Taunting, and Throwing.
Street Fighter V contains many rules and systems that drive the gameplay. This section talks about the hows and whys of those systems, as well as covering some really obscure rules that you may not be aware of.
No Fighting Game is complete without a bunch of techniques and strategies centered around things that the developer most likely had no idea existed. Here, you'll learn about a lot of these techniques like "Option Selects" and tactical strategies like "Frame Traps."
- Capcom Shadaloo CRI: Offical Capcom site. Contains frame data and stats for each character along with balance updates and patch notes https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/
- /r/streetfighter: Subreddit for Street Fighter games, great place to get your questions answered. http://reddit.com/r/streetfighter
- FAT Online: Frame data application along with combos for each character. https://fullmeter.com/fatonline/#/home
- Frame Assist Tool: Smart phone app for iOS/Android, in addition to data has oki calculators, punishes, stats, and more
- Frame Assist Tool JSON Want to do something cool, but don't want to redo all the data? The FAT team were kind enough to post their JSON file license free, just give credit! https://github.com/D4RKONION/fatsfvframedatajson
- SFVSim/diff: Hitbox viewer for each character, along with version history for each change. https://sfvsim.com/diff/
- SFVSim: Simulator for each character. Run across a weird moment? Figure out why it happened here https://sfvsim.com/
- Frame Trapped: In Game hitbox viewer for PC version of SFV http://frametrapped.com/
- Gief's Gym: Comprehensive Guide written by Joe_Munday aimed at beginners https://www.reddit.com/r/streetfighter/wiki/v/giefsgym