Street Fighter X Tekken/Raven
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
A wandering street fighter who trains rigorously in order to become a true martial artist. Studied the art of Ansatsuken from his master Gouken, but does not wield it to take lives. He wishes to test his mettle against fighters around the world in order to find an answer in the heart of battle. He searches for Pandora to see if there is a connection between it and the Satsui no Hado.
Ryu is the quintessential "basic" character in fighting games with an intuitive array of punches and kicks, and very basic special moves. This simplicity makes Ryu a favorite for beginner and intermediate players. Ryu is available in every single Street Fighter game, allowing players familiar with previous Street Fighter games to begin playing immediately, without having to worry about learning how to use a new character, however, there are a few tweaks in his moveset which vary depending on the game.
v. 2012 Update
With the latest update, Ryu's special moves were made more punishable. His Heavy Joudan Sokutou Geri is no longer safe on block, each version of his Dragon Punch has less block stun, and push back less. Allowing Ryu to be punished for careless uppercuts. His Medium Dragon Punch has invincible start up frames, so make that one your go-to anti-air if you intend to play Ryu.
- One of the core things for Raven right now is the "Raven Loop", using + , (charge) + , (dash cancel) , repeat . This allows Raven to juggle his sweeping + repeatedly for strong damage, and opening up many combo and reset options.
- Raven has very good mobility, his dash and backdash are extremely fast and cover a great deal of distance. Using his dash alongside his projectile will create opportunities to move safely.
- Raven's haze is an invincible move on startup, once raven has started to appear he can be damaged. If used to teleport in on the enemy without projectile support he can be punished by a full combo.
- Raven's skull smasher is a good combo starter, it is safe and backdashing after allows Raven to be at a safe distance.
- Raven has trouble dealing with characters that have decent firballs and standard reach. Most of Raven's normals cover less than average space, all shoto's can beat out most of Raven's normals with Cr.MK. Zangief and Hugo are almost impossible to beat with raven due to their reach, anti-airs and invincible attacks (command grabs). Zangief can lariat or green hand Raven's projectile and Hugo can armor through them.
- Raven's jab pressure is above average but will be nerfed in the upcomming 2013 patch, although he will be getting a decent anti-air in his Far HK.
Bread and Butters
Hit Confirm Combos
Combos Into Supers