The King of Fighters '95
The King of Fighters '95 is a 2D fighting game released by SNK in 1995.
- Controls and basic notation of KOF 95
.- up (u) | up-back (u/b) - 7 8 9 - up-forward (u/f) back (b) - 4 5 6 - forward (f) down-back (d/b) - 1 2 3 - down-forward (d/f) | `- down (d)
Primary Note: These numbers can be easily referenced by looking at your keyboard numpad. Think of it as a joystick/controller that is facing to the right. "5" is used to signify "neutral".
Secondary Note: These notations are based on the assumption that the character is on the "Player 1" side of the playing field. These notations remain relative to the character based upon this assumption.
- qcf - 236 - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball motion - In one smooth motion move to down -> down-forward -> forward.
- qcf - 214 - Quarter circle backward - In one smooth motion move to down -> down-back -> back.
- hcf - 41236 - Half circle forward - In one smooth motion move to back -> down-back -> down -> down-forward -> forward.
- hcb - 63214 - Half circle backward - In one smooth motion move to forward -> down-forward -> down -> down-back -> back.
- dp - 623 - Dragon Punch motion - In one smooth motion move to forward -> down -> down-forward.
- rdp - 421 - Reverse Dragon Punch motion - In one smooth motion move to back -> down -> down-back.
- Charge - Hold the given direction (usually back/down) for around 1 second, before moving to the next command (usually forward or up a button).
- tk - 2369 - Tiger Knee Motion - qcf, then move to up-forward.
- A - LP - Light Punch
- B - LK - Light Kick
- C - HP - Hard Punch
- D - HK - Hard Kick
- CD - Blow back attack, press C and D simultaneously.
- P - Any punch
- K - Any kick
Other common abbreviations
- j. - Jump/jumping - Press up-back, up, or up-forward.
- nj. - Neutral jump - Referencing specifically for directly upward jump, especially for specific attacks that only occur in this state.
- sj. - Super jump - Tap down, down-back, or down-forward, then quickly press up-back or up-forward.
- sh. - Short hop - Lightly tap up-back, up, or up-forward.
- hh. - Hyper hop - Tap down, down-back, or down-forward, then quickly and lightly tap up-back or up-forward.
- cl. - Close, as in a close normal attack.
- cr. - Crouching, as in a crouching normal attack.
- st. - Standing, as in a far standing normal attack.
- f. - Forward, and relative to the direction the character is facing.
- b. - Back, and relative to the direction the character is facing.
- A+B: Sidestep
- Any Button(After Sidestep): Defensive Attack
- C+D: Blowback Attack
- B+C: Taunt(Decreases opponents meter)
- A+B+C: Charge meter
- B or F+C : Throw
- B or F+D: Throw(Except for Kyo, Heidern, Choi)
- F, F: Dash Forward (Hold last forward for Run)
- B,B: Backdash
- (While dizzy or in grab)A+B+C+D: Team Assistance(Teammate must be undefeated,visible on screen, and 1 or 2 in Assistance Chart)
- Desperation Move can only be performed when the lifebar is 20% and flashing red or power bar is maximum. They can be done as many times as needed during red life.
- When the power bar is maximum and the lifebar is 20% and flashing red. A Desperation Move becomes a Super Desperation Move.
Fatal Fury Team
Art of Fighting Team
Psycho Soldier Team
Woman's Fighter Team
Kim Team/Korea Team
Bosses (To play as them)
- Get to the character select screen and when says 'TEAM EDIT?', select YES.
- Now press and hold the START button, and do the following commands:
- - Hold UP, press LK
- - Hold RIGHT, press HP
- - Hold LEFT, press LP
- - Hold DOWN, press HK
- When you release the buttons their icons will appear. If it doesn't, press START.
- As mentioned above, this even works for the MVS arcade version.