Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Arthur
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
The Knight Arthur, noble and strong, had spent many years in service of the king. He had won the heart of the kingdom, the people, and most of all he had won the heart of the king's daughter, Princess Prin-Prin. Terror struck the evening they were to be wed as Loki, the lord of the Ghoul Realm, captured the Princess and took her away to his palace. Arthur adventured to defeat Loki and his followers and continues to keep the realm free of Ghosts and Ghouls.
In a nutshell Arthur is full of projectiles that can cause a lot of chip damage against a guarding opponent or control the space with an advancing opponent. Even when an opponent attacks point blank Arthur has tools such as his Shield Deflect to parry the opponents attack. If chip and run with a slew of weapons is your cup of tea then Arthur will be a great addition to your team.
Character Specific Information
- X-Factor Variables are for Boxers, Normal, and Gold armors, respectively.
Gold Armor Assists
Gold Armor Special Moves
Received damage reduced by 20%.
Lasts about 20 seconds.
Tips and Tricks
- Arthur's Level 3 Hyper, For the Princess, is one of the only Level 3 Hypers that can hit assists and be X-Factor canceled. Use this to your advantage, and get all the chip damage or other damage, while setting up new combos and mixups!
- When Arthur is in Gold Armor, incoming damage is reduced by 20%. When he is nude, incoming damage is increased by 30%.
- Summon Arthur's Gold Armor, then tag him out. His assist will remain powered up for as long as Arthur is not on point. This is especially good with his Fire Bottle Toss and Dagger Toss assists.
- Arthur gets better damage boosts from X-Factor while in Gold Armor mode. Abuse this HUGE damage.
- Arthur has several X-Factor loops with his projectiles. Learn what moves can be looped for huge damage and inescapable chip damage kills.
- Arthur's game plan is to lock down his opponent with waves of projectiles. His arsenal of daggers, lances, and axes can attack from nearly any angle. Arthur is not very mobile, so to win you will need to dictate the pace of the match and frustrate your opponent. Pairing Arthur with a shot type assist that covers an angle he cannot, or an assist to help get opponents away from you if they get in will be a huge help to his game. Watch out for characters that can teleport behind you, as these will be Arthur's most deadly foes.
- Arthur in Gold Armor with two other projectile assists is a fantastic team. Arthur can chip you to death with his Gold Armor stuff and projectile assists add more damage and lock the opponent down. Dormammu (Purification), Doom (Missiles), Hawkeye (Greyhound), and Taskmaster (any) are all fantastic choices for assists if you choose to play Arthur like this. This will also work if any of your other characters want to do the same thing (except maybe Doom). Make sure you have Gold Armor as much as possible!
Level 3 X-Factor Gold Armor Arthur is silly. He has 3 projectile death loops with lances, fire bottles, and axes. The lances can combo from full screen and only take about 4 for a dead character. The fire bottles actually work better out of gold armor because the ground fire doesn't start when you hit the character. The axes are a little tricky but they can cross up. The axes move in a weird arch so the trick is to hit them with the arch going up and then on its way back down. You have to find the right spacing for different size characters but it wont work on a some.