Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Hsien Ko
Hsien-ko (Lei Lei)
In a nutshell Hsien-Ko is seen as a fairly low tier character but she offers a lot of support for teams and is a strong counter to zoning. She has the ability to throw out items at random, some can cause dizzy states which allows full combos and her Heavy version will actually hit as an overhead. Henkyo Ki is a great anti-projectile move that will completely stop some characters in their tracks such as Viewtiful Joe. Probably her most interesting feature is her dash as it's a teleport but is a bit awkward to master and use it as a mix-up tool. Her biggest support tool is Rimoukon which gives her armored status and allows her to plow through any move in the game, once you're able to make her gold her assists will become unstoppable. She's probably the most awkward character in the game but has tools to support teams with specific goals in mind, turn her gold and let the assist do the work is the game plan with her.
Players to Watch
Anki Hou: Cat Mascot
Anki Hou: Tasty Meat
Anki Hou: Shuriken
Anki Hou: Kunai
Anki Hou: Throwing Axe
Anki Hou: Steel Samurai
Anki Hou: Sword
Anki Hou: Chun-Li's Bracelet
Tips and Tricks
- Note that the amount of hits of Houten Geki affect overall damage scaling. The version may do more damage, but since it hits more often, it reaches the Damage Scaling Minimum much faster.
- Even though the first hit of Tenrai Ha is a , you can still perform another one afterwards due to the use of the spiked balls, or even sometimes adding a Henkyo Ki (preferable using version) in between them for huge overall damage.
- She has one unique projectile called Henkyo Ki and most players would go for since it reflects most projectiles (with the exception of a few projectiles attacks like Hidden Missiles and hyper projectiles move).
- Senpu Pu is the only way to move her around faster or getting near opponents due to her dash. Try to use sparingly on it.
- Her Rimoukon Hyper, though only lasting 5 seconds when she's on point, lasts indefinitely as an assist. Using her Senpu Bu assist is the best way to take advantage of her hyper armor, as it works well for both defensive and offensive purposes.
- Use her Senpu Bu as a use of her mobility. But be wise on when to use it since some characters could easily counter her Senpu Bu move.
- Be sure to use version of Henkyo Ki and cancel it to Rimoukon Hyper. This is to prevent characters (namely rushdown characters) killing the character you tag her out or even do a snapback to retentive her back.
- Avoid making her an anchor as her mobility is slow as she's quite hard to chase especially flight and keepaway characters. What you could do is make use of her Senpu Bu or Rimoukon if the latter happens.