Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Hulk
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
After accidentally receiving a dose of Gamma Radiation, physicist Bruce Banner gained the ability to transform into the Incredible Hulk whenever he is made angry. Bruce has no control over this transformation and is absolutely unable to control the Hulk himself. Hunted by those who fear his power, the Hulk eventually joined the first iteration of the Avengers until he realized his teammates did not trust him either. The Hulk is considered one of the most powerful being on the earth and was even sent to exile once by the leaders of earth’s greatest heroes.
In a nutshell Hulk is a brute type character that relies on his armored normals to make his opponents regret pressing buttons. He also has some of the only armored assists in the game in his Anti Air Gamma Charge and his Medium Gamma Charge. This, combined with his diverse set of super moves, make him a great teammate for almost anyone. If you like to bully other players and make them afraid to press buttons, give Hulk a try.
Character Specific Information
Tips and Tricks
- Hulk's standing medium and hard attacks have 1 level of super armor, giving those attacks the abillity to plow through an offensive opponent. His Impact Punch and Gamma Charge have super armor as well.
- Hulk's Gamma Crush hyper is invicible for the entire start it, making it safe to use and great for punishing an opponet who is not cautious enough with the advancing attacks. When the Gamma Crush connects on the way up and on the way down it is one of the most damaging single attacks in the game and it isn't even a level 3 hyper attack.
- Hulk's Gamma Wave can be used to poke at an opponent from a distance, easily get a hit on incomming assists and even nullify certain projectiles. These can be used in rapid succession when timed properly.
- Hulk's standing hard attack causes a ground bounce which opens the opponent up for heavy damage. Because of this attack's super armor it will often be used to catch the opponent off guard or while the are initiating an attack. This attack is not safe when guarded due to the large amount of recovery time. This can be negated by canceling the standing hard attack into a Gamma Charge or anti air Gamma Charge combined with a 2nd Gamma Charge hit to either gain ground or run away to safety.
- Opponents fighting against Hulk will often find themselves guarding a lot. This is what you want them to do. When an opponent is guarding on the ground then you can use the light or medium Gamma Tornado instead of the standing hard attack for a command throw. If the opponent is guarding while jumping in on the hulk then the hard Gamma Tornado will catch the opponent. Mixing up between standing Hard and Gamma Tornado is one of the best tactics the Hulk has.
- Another way to take advantage of the hard Gamma Tornado is throwing multiple Gamma Wave attacks at the opponent. This will usually cause them to super jump towards the Hulk allowing for a well timed hard Gamma Tornado to catch them out of the air. After the oppnent hits the ground from the Gamma Tornado you can then followup again with another Gamma Wave (so make sure you're charging it as soon as you release the opponent from the Gamma Tornado.