Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Rocket Raccoon
In a nutshell At first glance, this fuzzy little mammal may seem like strictly a keep-away character. However, his speed, mobility, size, and arsenal of tricks lead to a very complicated, yet versatile character who uses not only trap specials but also has the ability to use his unique array of normals to cause frame traps and mixups to those caught unaware. By abusing his size, mobility, speed, and trickery, Raccoon can be a menace to anyone, not just your trash can.
Players to Watch
Tonosama, Kusoru, Oreo
Character Specific Information
in front of opponent. makes Rocket
Raccoon pop up behind opponent.
makes Rocket Raccoon dig into the
ground where he is and, if is held,
can be moved back and forth
underground for a limited amount
of time until is released or
the time runs out and he pops up
where you moved to.
Tips and Tricks
- Oil Bomb can be detonated with standing , crouching , or even Spitfire.
- By using his float command ( in the air), you can nullify all momentum he currently has. Use this at the start of a jump to perform an insanely tiny short hop that can be used to land an instant overhead attack on any character in the cast! This can also be used to "spam" his jumping attack, his grenade toss, for mixups and chip damage.
- Raccoon's jumping also nullifies existing momentum and takes it over in his own sort of air dash. Combining these two techniques can make Rocket Raccoon virtually unblockable at close range.
- Abuse Tunnel Rat in short durations as a dodge technique.
- Tunnel Rat is Hyper cancelable. There are many situations where you can use Tunnel Rat to dodge an attack, then immediately Hyper Cancel into his Level 3 Rocky Raccoon Hyper for a big punish.
- Rocket Skates are another mobility option that functions as a special command dash. This move cannot be canceled by normals, but when used with assists, can be used to set up vicious mixups.
- Rocky Raccoon, Rocket's level 3 Hyper, is extremely fast and hits the range NEAR the ground, not just when touching it. This can be used to catch falling opponents, or can easily DHC from hypers that cause the opponent to soft knockdown, before actually landing.
- Due to Raccoon's speed and recovery time, you can combo out of Rocky Raccoon rather easily with his Rock 'n' Roll Hyper, or even some melee attacks, especially if you use Rocket Skates to give chase. Spend the time to see when he recovers, and what all you can use to make any combo a game ender.