Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Spencer
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
In a nutshell Spencer is one of the few "viable" characters in UMvC3. He is a fantastic anchor with great hypers, great DHC potential, and is a fantastic person to use lvl 3 X Factor on. He has some not too hard to do combos and has great mobility. His assists, however, are kind of lacking. If you want a heavy hitting anchor with great mobility and one of the best hypers in the game, use Spencer.
Character Specific Information
60,000 + 80,000 + 130,000
Tips and Tricks
- Currently, Wire Grapple into Reel-in Punch (the follow-up) deals fully unscaled damage: no matter where in the combo it is, this version of Reel-in Punch will deal its full 80,000 damage.
- As noted above in the Hypers section, the first hit of Bionic Maneuvers will deal its full 20,000 damage, always unscaled, no matter where in the combo the move is used.
- Armor Piercer deals different damage and has different speeds, depending on how close you are to your opponent. At point-blank range, it deals its maximum damage and is extremely fast, while from a distance it deals less damage and is much, much slower.
- Many of Spencer's specials nullify projectiles. Use this to get around the screen and mitigate, if not nullify, zoning.
- Spencer's new OTG move is great in that, unlike his air wire grapple, Bionic Bomber does not require a wall-bounce. This allows Spencer to set up longer combos than before, including one that can use two hyper meter bars for two Bionic Maneuvers for huge damage.
A basic bread and butter combo for Spencer. If the opponent lands in the corner after the air special, use + instead to land the wire grapple. If you're fast enough, you can add another air wire grapple after the Bionic Lancer for a little more damage.
- , , , -> Forward Super Jump, , , , , land, OTG Assist, + -> add , forward jump, + -> + , jump, + , + , + -> +
A corner combo that uses an OTG Assist and two bars of meter to deal more than 800,000 damage. It's a lot easier to tiger knee the Bionic Bomber and wire grapple in order to do the moves in time, and the zip-line at the end should be done as late as possible. The idea is to get to the ground to use an Armor Piercer before the enemy can recover in the air.