Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Strider
Hiryu is a cyber ninja from the future who belongs to an organization known as Strider. He wields the power of an incredibly deadly weapon known as Cypher as well as back up from various cybernetic animals. Like all Ninjas, he's extremely agile as he can cling to walls, teleport and preform incredible athletic feats. Hiryu first debuted in a game called Strider back in 1989 and though he hasn't had the biggest resume, he remains one of Capcom's most popular characters of all time.
In a nutshell The fans asked for him, and he's back! Everyones favorite future ninja, Strider Hiryu, is almost exactly how you remember him from MvC2. He has one of the lowest life totals in the game at 750,000 HP, but he makes up for it in his speed, combo potential, mixup power, and having two very potent Level 3 Hypers! When not engaging the opponent one-on-one, his robotic pets also make for a decent zoning game, covering both high and low portions of the screen at an alarming rate. Additionally, he has very solid assists, and his X-Factor makes his speed virtually unrivaled. Future ninjas unite!
Players to Watch
Clockw0rk, Marvelo, Drew Grimey, Killer Kai, Richard Nguyen, Forward, Marn
opposite wall and cling to that.
Tips and Tricks
- When using Ouroboros your opponent may attempt to push block you while in the corner, pushing you away when using or teleports and simply trying to get in; use wall cling ( + ) to avoid this and get a chance at an overhead as it cannot be push blocked. Alternatively, you can time the shots and teleport behind or in front of your opponent to force a mix up.
- Vajra ( + ) is not safe on block. It can easily be countered or grabbed, so use try to use it only to punish your opponent's actions, specially in midair.
- Strider's projectiles have little recovery and can be easily thrown one after the other, but they lack durability; even for his Legion Hyper Combo. Formation B ( + ) has more durability and little startup so it becomes a better choice for most situations. Besides the fact that it can cancel many of Strider's special moves making them safe it can OTG, so always try to keep Formation B when given the chance.
- Jumping light is an instant overhead. Combine this with his double jump and teleport mix ups to break your opponent's guard.
- His Vajra assist is one of the best assists in the game as it tracks the opponent and causes a hard knockdown. Combine this with characters that have off the ground moves for an easy combo. With teleporting characters for a mix up. Beware however of characters trying to spot the assist to counter it; use it mostly when your opponent's in the air and cannot see the assist coming or cannot counter it with a move or a Hyper Combo.
- If you combine Ouroboros with X-factor Level 3; try to keep your opponent with the air with Excalibur ( + ) to keep them in hit stun for as long as possible while doing damage.