Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Taskmaster
In a nutshell Taskmaster is known as a slow moving, low mobility character with great versatility. He can zone with his aim master special in many different directions, in turn baiting the enemy to attack where his counter-attacking and combo skills can truly be showcased. With high priority and unusual properties of his heavy normals, he frustrates opponents into high damaging combos. His enemy will try and get through a barrage of painful arrows only to be hit by a Shield Skills or a Spidey's Swing combo opener when he finally does gets through Taskmaster's zoning, and, if paired with an OTG assist, it just makes Taskmaster that much more deadly. The true strength of Taskmaster really lies in his versatility as he can fill any role on a team whether placed at point, assist, or anchor. He is a great battery; most of his longer combos are capable of more than completely fueling his combo ending level 1 Hyper, Legion arrow. If you need a versatile character who can handle most any situation through zoning and countering with the added perk of an unblockable mix-up, Taskmaster's the merc for you.
Players to Watch
HonzoGonzo, Adelheid Stark, DJ Houshen, Young Chao, WhiteBlack, NeoKarsh
Character Specific Information
(289,400 ~ 347,500)
Tips and Tricks
- Guard Master H cannot counter Magneto's Hyper Grav. Bear this in mind, as there may be other that he cannot deal with.
- Aegis Counter counters ALL physical attacks, including all physical moves and moves! moves, however, cannot be countered.
- Though you don't get much damage off of Taskmaster's unblockable head-butt, you can combine it with the right assist to combo after it hits and make it a serious threat. You could also super cancel anytime before the finisher into Legion Arrow.
- Remember that Charging Star can destroy some projectiles. From full screen, it won't get you all the way it, but it can really help change your positioning.
- After Spidey Swing, you are airborn and can do attacks that count as high or can cancel into Legion Arrow l . Combine this with a low assist to make Taskmaster's offence really scary.
- By using Aim Master and Web Swing, you can change Taskmaster's facing and direction of movement, allowing you to do a number of tricks to cross up.
- New to UMVC3 is the ability for Taskmaster to cancel his Web Swing with Aim Master. Canceling the swing at different times gives you varying movement arcs and, when timed right, can make him travel all the way across the screen for a surprise attack. In this case, + is the best Aim Master to use since it covers your descent to the enemy's feet.
- Taskmasters vertical Legion Arrow has interesting properties: On the way up, it only has the property; however, on the way down, it has a property! Use this carefully in DHCs to extend combos in new ways.