Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Vergil
The second Son of Sparda, and Dante's older twin brother who was thought to be dead by him but in reality was merely separated after their mother's murder. Unlike Dante, who is cocky, hot-blooded, and carefree, Vergil is his polar opposite - cold, aloof, and power-hungry. Blaming himself for his mother's death, he adopted the philosophy that without power, no one can accomplish anything, and journeyed in search of more demonic power. In contrast to Dante, a gun-wielder, Vergil prefers his father's katana, Yamato, as well as a variety of bladed weapons. After briefly reuniting with Dante to defeat Arkham and clashing with Dante, he decided to stay in Hell to gain more power, but was unceremoniously ambushed by his father's enemy Mundus, captured, and brainwashed to become the Dark Knight, Nelo Angelo, and would eventually be killed several years later by Dante. Unbeknownst to all, he is succeeded by Nero, his son from an affair with an unknown woman.
In a nutshell Vergil is a high-damage mixup character. Boasting some of the longest combos in the game, as well as the most powerful Hyper in the game, Vergil is a combo-crazy maniac when on the field. However, he must be played carefully, as many of his normal attacks are easily punished and his overall health is relatively low. Technical players will have a new friend in Vergil.
Players to Watch
Yipes, Padtrick, ChrisG, PR Rog, ShadyK, Cloud805, EMP|Flocker, Tenboss, CrispyTacoz, Richard Nguyen, Clockw0rk, Marn, WinRich, Bubblan, Andre, Drew Grimey
Character Specific Information
round trip glitch explained
Round Trip combo from Japan
vergil/doom hard tag tod starting with 1 meter
using doom missiles to tag to strange to build meter and DHC back to spiral swords
Magneto/Vergil/Doom hard tags, concept #2, concept #3, concept #4
Whenever you this move
into his Dimension Slash, you are
not technically canceling it directly.
The very beginning of his Trick follow-up
is actually what is being canceled. Thus,
if you try to High Time into
the Hyper by using only and to
activate the Hyper, it will never come
out. Be sure to activate Hyper only
by using + , + ,
or + + .
bonus and gains Air Dash and
Double Jump during Devil Trigger.
Tips and Tricks
- Many players view that Vergil should be played as the first member of your team as he needs solid assists to compensate for his weaknesses (such as whiffed moves), as well as making teleports safer and better for mixups.
- When using Vergil as a battery or anchor, always remember that he can be extremely deadly with meter. With the right partners he can DHC straight into Spiral Swords or Devil Trigger to extend the combo while keeping the momentum he desperately needs.
- Vergil's Sword Storm (follow up to Spiral Swords) is one of the few projectiles / traps in the game that will not disappear when the user is hit. Bear this in mind, as some scenarios can make this a useful tool.
- If the opponent is high enough after the Dimension Slash Hyper is used (such as during an Air Combo), Vergil can actually use High Time and get a second Dimension Slash within the same combo.
- Normally, Lunar Phase causes a or when used. However, Spiral Swords is active, the opponent will juggle on the swords, allowing entirely new combo potential.