Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/X-23
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
In a nutshell TBW
Players to Watch
Dapvip, Jayto, Traumatisch
Character Specific Information
NOTE -- Silent Kill, X23's Lvl 3 Hyper, makes her invisible for a short period of time and opens up her unblockable
follow-up that costs no additional meter. This is activated by getting close to your opponent and pressing . You can
still be hit while in the invisible state, as well as use any of her moves except for her attacks, as the unblockable
replaces her normal attacks, including her .
Tips and Tricks
- X-23 needs a good projectile or beam assist to help her get in on good keep-away characters since she has limited tools to get around projectiles, or zoning based moves without leaving herself vulnerable to counter attack.
- X-23 mainly relies on her Mirage Feints for mixups and good damage potential as most of her BnBs usually use the Heavy Mirage Feint to continue a ground combo.
- Her fully charged Neck Slice is very safe on block as well as having a good reach and priority which means it could beat out other attacks if used properly.
- Her Mirage Feint Cancels ( + , , or then ) makes most of her normals safe on block and allows for fast pokes.
- After you end an air combo, if you happen to have an assist, you can use her Charged Neck Slice move instead of her Charged Ankle Slice move since it doesn't have as much of a strict timing than her Charged Ankle Slice + Assist setup.
- After killing or snapping back an opponent, going into her Lvl. 3 Hyper will get a guaranteed hit on the incoming character as long as you jump up to meet them as they come into the screen. This is also helpful against a Phoenix player, since she now only has 375k health, as it would now score an instant kill against her without having to activate X-Factor since it causes 400k damage.
- X-23 has the ability to create instant crossup attacks on her own, similar to Wolverine's Berserker slash with her ability to cancel any airborne special into a Talon Attack. Simply input + and then + when crossing up the opponent to perform an instant Talon Attack as she crosses through the opponent. You can utilize this as an auto-correct: If inputted just before, or just after X-23 crosses up with a Mirage Feint , you will get a Talon Attack in the corresponding direction. This allows X-23 to create even safer mixups from her Mirage Feints (All versions of Mirage Feint can be canceled like this), and leave herself at frame advantage.