Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Zero
Zero is a Maverick Hunter from the future, tasked with hunting down rebel robots and defending those around him. Armed with his Z-Saber and Buster arm, he is renowned as one of the finest robot soldiers ever produced.
Interestingly enough, however, he was originally created by one of the greatest villains his world had ever seen - Dr. Wily - after accidentally creating a strong, but unruly, prototype robot named Bass.
In a nutshell Zero is a character for any given situation - other than survival. He has an excellent rushdown game with large, multi-hitting normals, a strong zoning game, incredible agility, and extremely long combos that can deal massive damage. Best played with an assist (either for keeping him safe, or extending combos), you should always play Zero either first or second on a team, to build meter and weaken the opponent until your next character can clean up any mess Zero leaves behind. Just keep in mind his low health, and all tools available to him, and Zero is a robotic force to be reckoned with.
Players to Watch
EMP|Flocker, Cloud805, Killer Kai, Flux, Windzero, Mihe, Marn, Bubblan
Zero that duplicates all
actions after Zero.
Lasts about 5 seconds.
Tips and Tricks
- Zero can cancel any of his special moves into a release Mega Buster Shot (level 3). Use this to make several moves safe, to greatly extend combos, deal massive damage, or even set up some terrifying mixups. One of the best moves for this is Raikousen, as the lightning bolt trail activates either way, allowing you to combine both moves for heavy damage and soft knockdowns, or as a mixup / chip damage tool by using the Raikousen M, release Mega Buster Shot, and then immediately using Raikousen L, covering all escape routes, and allowing a combo on hit!
- Air is one of Zero's best tools. Its speed and massive hitbox make it virutally impossible to throw, its hitstun makes it very difficult to punish, and with it being a multi-hitting overhead, it makes for excellent mixups. Most of your approaches will probably involve the use of this move.
- Keep in mind that Zero's air has the property. This means that during an air combo, if you use air , you have to link your special move, you can't just do it after a hit or two. This means that spacing and timing Zero's basic air combos is slightly more strict than other characters.
- Rekkoha has a lot of startup time. Keep this in mind when using it as an OTG Hyper after an air combo, as without proper timing, the opponent will roll out of it, and be able to punish you.
- Due to Rekkoha's startup time, never use it outside of a combo or DHC - it can easily be punished before the rainbow lasers come out, even with a simple throw.
Strategy vs. Zero
Other Useful Zero Links
Zero Crossover Counter usage: