Ultra Street Fighter IV
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Ultra Street Fighter IV is the follow up to Capcom's 2011's Super Street Fighter IV AE and its v2012 update. Ultra Street Fighter IV keeps the same general gameplay as previous versions of Street Fighter IV with new balance changes, 5 new characters, and 6 new stages. Ultra Street Fighter IV was released on June 3rd, 2014 for PS3 and 360, and was made available on PC August 8, 2014 through Steam. It is available as a $14.99 Digital add-on for Super Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition for Xbox360/PS3, and is available as a $39.99 disc released August 5, 2014 which includes the full game and all DLC costumes, as well as the PC Digital Upgrade Version/Digital Full Version released August 8, 2014 for $14.99/$29.99 respectively.
Controls and Terminology
Throughout the guide, there will be a lot of jargon thrown around, and unless you know what these terms are referring to, it might be difficult to understand some of the more complex lingo and slang used. So before we begin, please take some time to look over these next few sections to familiarize yourself with some of these terms, so the rest of the guide will make more sense.
This half of the FAQ will tell you just about how everything in Ultra Street Fighter IV works. From Dashing to Focus Attacks to Blocking to Throws to Ultra Combos to Stuns... Just about every technical aspect of just about everything will be described in this half of the Guide. So take a look, and learn how Ultra Street Fighter IV works from the insides....
In every Fighting Game, there are the basic, common factors that exist. Life Meters exist in just about every Fighting Game, as do Timers, for example. This section discusses these things, the factors that can affect the outcome of the battle that are not controllable by the player.
Universal Abilities are the abilities that are shared by all characters in Ultra Street Fighter IV. These include your most basic of abilities, such as Walking, Blocking, Crouching, Jumping, Buffering, Taunting, and Throwing.
Ultra Street Fighter IV contains many rules and systems that drive the gameplay. This section talks about the hows and whys of those systems, as well as covering some really obscure rules that you may not be aware of.
No Fighting Game is complete without a bunch of techniques and strategies centered around things that the developer most likely had no idea existed. Here, you'll learn about a lot of these techniques like "Plinking" and tactical strategies like "Frame Traps."
ENTIRE SECTION COMING SOON!!
ENTIRE SECTION COMING SOON!!!
- BradyGames official frame data app: iOS/Android app that has frame data and pictures with hitboxes, costs $2.99. iOS devices Android devices
- Frame Assistant Tool: a free Apple/Android app that has a lot of useful info like punishes for moves, links, frame data, and more. iOS devices Android devices
- Decapre.com: A hitbox viewer in a form of videos that you can watch and pause to study the hitboxes http://decapre.com/
- Replay Uploaders: YouTube channels that upload match content from the replay channel, you can analyze top online player matches
- Other Youtube channels
- RyuApprentice: Lab monster, has a lot of tech on his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/RyuApprentice
- Bafael: Has tutorials for various characters, plans on doing more: http://www.youtube.com/user/moonlitearthx14
- eternal0star: Tech, and is currently doing a series on moves that commonly go unpunished: http://www.youtube.com/user/eternal0star/videos