Play as Akuma, Player 1
Place the cursor on Spiral, then hold it there for three seconds. Then put your cursor on these characters in the following order: Silver Samurai, Psylocke, Colossus, Iceman, Colossus, Cyclops, Wolverine, Omega Red, and Silver Samurai. When you stop on Silver Samurai, wait for three seconds, then press Light Kick, Hard Kick and Hard Punch simultaneously. If this is done right, the announcer will say "Silver Samurai", but Akuma will drop down and take his place as your character.
Play as Akuma, Player 2
Place cursor on Storm, then hold it there for three seconds. Then, put your cursor on these characters in the following order: Cyclops, Colossus, Iceman, Sentinel, Omega Red, Wolverine, Psylocke, Silver Samurai, and Spiral. (The button movements for this sequence are in the following order: Right, Down, Left, Left, Left, Down, Right, Right) When you stop on Spiral, press Light Kick, Hard Kick and Hard Punch simultaneously. If this is done correctly, the announcer will say "Spiral", but Akuma will drop down to take his place as your character.
Some theories about the timing:
It does not have to be 3 seconds exactly (can be more?), but the time you wait on the first and last characters must be exactly the same.
From RJoseph's faq on gamefaqs:
1) Count steadily "1...2...3...4"
2) Count steadily "thousand-one, thousand-two, thousand"
3) For those of you who need a more graphic method, try timing your pause by looking at the character itself. Count the number of times he/she goes through the animation. The counts are:
Three floats for Storm
Eight bounces for Spiral
About two and 3/4 motions for the Silver Samurai
How to play against Gouki (Akuma)
This is for people who want an extra challenge. In the order to face Akuma as the alpha boss, your character must have these requirements:
1) Must be on Manual.
2) Fight with no continues.
3) Defeat your opponents two rounds in a row (don't lose a round), having first attack on each round.
4) Must use Hyper-X 6 times or more and it must CONNECT to the opponent each time. No missed or blocked Hyper-X nor blocked or cheesy 1-hit super-finish will be accepted. You must get a MAXIMUM number of combos hits from your character's Hyper-X at least once.
If done correctly, Akuma will appear as the sixth opponent, before Juggernaut. His stage is the Danger Room and he fights like he does in SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO. GOOD LUCK!
Akuma Mid-Boss part By: Megnetto on gamefaqs
Back - X-Men: Children of the Atom