Goblin's primary goal is to annoy the hell out of his opponent and this is accomplished by constantly poking, climbing on the walls, bouncing off the walls, and getting counter hits with his Gang Up super. While it is certainly not impossible to win with Goblin, it takes a great deal of practice to be effective (or a knack for being an annoying prick) and other members of the cast have a great deal more in their favor. If you enjoy playing with the odds against you or you just want to annoy someone, Goblin is your man.
5C > 236X
- That's right. Goblin's most basic combos have to be started with C normals because his special moves have such long startup. Typically you want to use 236A from a basic 5C, but if you're trying to tack on j.C, you'll need to use 236B as the pushback from the normals will have your opponent much too far away for the A version.
- 2C puts Goblin into an aerial state, so just cancel into it. Use 236B/C at mid-screen and 236A near the corner to get more hits.
j.D, land, 236236X
- Technically, any of Goblin's basic jump-ins will work as long as they hit low enough but it's probably a good idea to use something that won't clash to increase your chances of a successful hit.
- Probably one of the only ways you'd ever make use of that super. Wait for your opponent to fall low enough to get the most hits out of it, just not too low so that they hit the ground.
j.D>j.236C, land, Goblin Spear IB
- Will work with other Item Bursts but if you're playing Goblin, you should probably be using his spear anyway. Goblin needs to land on his mount before the opponent touches the ground in order for this to work.
Normals and Command Normals
- Quick spear stab that isn't anything spectacular. 6A is the more useful of the two, but 5A is an okay poke.
- One-handed downwards swipe that has slightly more range than 5A and is also cancellable.
- Two-handed downwards swipe that actually has less range than 5B (!?) but obviously does more damage and has greater hitstun.
- Goblin's mount jumps sideways and swats the opponent with its tail. Overhead, like every other 5D, but cannot be comboed from. Ever. It doesn't matter if you score a counter hit because there's far too much recovery time to do anything after.
- Low spear stab that will stop dash-clashes in their tracks. Has slightly more range than 5B, which makes it a good poke in its own right.
- Goblin's longest poke which comes at the cost of having more recovery time than some of his other faster A pokes.
- Backflip launcher that puts Goblin into an aerial state, giving him immediate access to his j.236X special moves. Works fairly well as an anti-air and also has a reverse hitbox, which makes it effective for hitting cross-up attempts.
- Goblin's mount spins in a circle and uses its tail to sweep the opponent's feet out from under them. Comes out rather quickly and has decent range for one of Goblin's normals.
Forward Throw: 6D (when close)
Goblin's mount climbs onto the opponent and pulls them to the ground where he chomps down on them.
Back Throw: 4D (when close)
Goblin's mount bites the opponent's leg and then tosses them behind him.
Poked: A/B/C, repeatedly
Attack Separation: 236A/B/C
Cut Rotation: 236A/B/C, in air
- (while in Stiction) Poked and Arched Backward: A/B/C
Tongue Throw: 63214D
Gang Up: 236236A/B/C
Throwing Skulls: 236236D
|Characters||Ramda • Sandra • Curse Head ■ Elion • Fina • Evetta ■ Dorgan • Vargan • GerhardsenII ■ Vritra • Nagar • Mara ■ Orc • Troll • Goblin ■ Bernhard • Nsidor • Zon|
|Items||Healing Potion • Mana Potion • Power Bracelet • Scroll of Mana • Protection Ring • Amulet • Holy Symbol ■ Invisible Mantle • Wind Boots • Medal of Strength • Master Ring • Fortunate Coin • Talisman • Mutation Stone ■ Hellfire Sword • Magic Shield • Earth Hammer • Spike Mace • Demon Club • Goblin Spear • Ice Blade • Shining Staff • Shining Bow • Rune Ax • Extra Bullet • Draconic Figurine • Nightmare Blade • Evil Staff • Death Staff • Blood Sword • Naught Weapon • Dark Staff ■ Elixir • Demonic Figurine • Seven Keys • Book of Disaster • Magistery • Chaos Ring • Fang of Manticore • Dragon Scale|