- 1 Introduction
- 2 Character Feature
- 3 The Basics
- 4 Combos
- 5 Strategy
- 6 Matchups
- 7 Move Analysis
- 8 Frame Data
Goblin's primary goal is to annoy the hell out of his opponent and this is accomplished by constantly poking, climbing on the walls, bouncing off the walls, and getting counter hits with his Gang Up super. While it is certainly not impossible to win with Goblin, it takes a great deal of practice to be effective (or a knack for being an annoying prick) and other members of the cast have a great deal more in their favor. If you enjoy playing with the odds against you or you just want to annoy someone, Goblin is your man.
- Goblin can move forward or backward during his crouch by pressing 3 or 1, respectively. He also has the ability to double-jump by pressing 7,8,9 during his regular jump or super-jump.
5C > 236X
- That's right. Goblin's most basic combos have to be started with C normals because his special moves have such long startup. Typically you want to use 236A from a basic 5C, but if you're trying to tack on j.C, you'll need to use 236B as the pushback from the normals will have your opponent much too far away for the A version.
- 2C puts Goblin into an aerial state, so just cancel into it. Use 236B/C at mid-screen and 236A near the corner to get more hits.
6D > 236A/B
- Basic wall-bounce combo that can be easily cancelled into. The use of A or B depends entirely on your opponent's distance from the wall. Use 236A if they're closer to avoid missing completely.
j.D, land, 236236X
- Technically, any of Goblin's basic jump-ins will work as long as they hit low enough but it's probably a good idea to use something that won't clash to increase your chances of a successful hit.
- Probably one of the only ways you'd ever make use of that super. Wait for your opponent to fall low enough to get the most hits out of it, just not too low so that they hit the ground.
j.D>j.236C, land, Goblin Spear IB
- Will work with other Item Bursts but if you're playing Goblin, you should probably be using his spear anyway. Goblin needs to land on his mount before the opponent touches the ground in order for this to work.
- If you're going to have Goblin on your team, giving him that extra bit of damage and the ability to chip with his annoying 6A is probably in your best interest.
Normals and Command Normals
- Quick spear stab that isn't anything spectacular. 6A is the more useful of the two, but 5A is an okay poke.
- One-handed downwards swipe that has slightly more range than 5A and is also cancellable.
- Two-handed downwards swipe that actually has less range than 5B (!?) but obviously does more damage and has greater hitstun.
- Goblin's mount jumps sideways and swats the opponent with its tail. Overhead, like every other 5D, but cannot be comboed from. Ever. It doesn't matter if you score a counter hit because there's far too much recovery time to do anything after.
- Low spear stab that will stop dash-clashes in their tracks. Has slightly more range than 5B, which makes it a good poke in its own right.
- Goblin's longest poke which comes at the cost of having more recovery time than some of his other faster A pokes.
- Backflip launcher that puts Goblin into an aerial state, giving him immediate access to his j.236X special moves. Works fairly well as an anti-air and also has a reverse hitbox, which makes it effective for hitting cross-up attempts.
- Goblin's mount spins in a circle and uses its tail to sweep the opponent's feet out from under them. Comes out rather quickly and has decent range for one of Goblin's normals.
- Basically the same as 5A, except Goblin inches forward with his mount while he does it. Great for applying pressure and pissing people off.
- Upward swipe that's basically the same thing as 5B, except it has slightly more range. Has an abnormally small cancel point for a B normal which you'll probably never actually use.
- Goblin is the only character in the game (besides the bosses) who doesn't have a 6C.
- Goblin's mount charges forward and rams the opponent, sending them flying across the screen. A typical blowback move, but Goblin has very few options after a wall-bounce.
- Exactly the same as 5A, only Goblin and his mount are airborne. Can be cancelled into j.236X.
- Exactly the same as 6B, except in the air. Can be cancelled into j.236X.
- Looks pretty much the same as 5C, but seems to start up faster. Can be cancelled into j.236X.
- Same idea as 5D, just comes out faster and can actually be comboed from. Can be cancelled.
- Spear stab that comes out at about a 45 degree angle.
- Dragon dive style spear stab that's aimed directly below Goblin.
- Wide slash upwards that has similarities to his other C normals.
- The one and only time Goblin uses his own body to attack. An incredibly short-ranged kick that seems more like a joke than an actual attack.
Forward Throw: 6D (when close)
Goblin's mount climbs onto the opponent and pulls them to the ground where he chomps down on them.
Back Throw: 4D (when close)
Goblin's mount bites the opponent's leg and then tosses them behind him.
A lunging headbutt from Goblin's mount that looks just like his 6D. After a wall-bounce, you can link 236A/B, 236236D, or 2C > j.236A. Opponents that are hit out of the air or at mid-screen can have some sort of high/low mixup applied, but Goblin's oki game is incredibly weak. Other options could include crossing up with his double jump normals and just mashing buttons to gain meter.
Poked: A/B/C, repeatedly
- Multi-hit spear stab.
- A version lasts 1 second, B lasts 2 seconds, C lasts 3 seconds.
- Requires 6 successive inputs.
Attack Separation: 236A/B/C
- Leaping spear attack. 1 hit.
- Button strength controls distance of jump.
- Highly unsafe on block.
- Depending on the current distance from your opponent and which version you use, there is a very high probability of whiffing completely. Learn to judge the distance.
- Whiffing the A version will allow your mount time to catch you, which can let you do the move over and over on whiff. This applies to the other versions as well, so long as you are in the corner and nothing is in your way.
Cut Rotation: 236A/B/C, in air
- Spinning attack that hits from 3-4 times.
- Button strength controls the basic direction. A goes straight up. B goes diagonally forward. C travels forward. The actual direction is based on which direction you jump before doing the move.
- Can be Tiger Knee'd.
- Sticks to the wall behind your character.
- You can move up and down the wall by pressing 2 and 8. Pressing D will let go.
- Double-tapping 6 (like a dash) will make you jump a considerable distance across the screen. Pressing 3 will make you jump downward at an angle and not quite as far. You may need to hold 6 and slide to the 3 position to get this to work. These jumps can be used for surprise jump-ins.
- Cut Rotation can be performed during this mode.
- Holding onto the wall for too long or trying to climb higher than the height of the wall will force you to drop to the ground.
Poked and Arched Backward: A/B/C (while in Stiction)
- Spear stab in 3 slightly different directions based on input.
- Mashing the button will generate a similar effect as when on the ground, the difference being that a hit opponent will be placed in a juggle state.
- Can be used as part of a ridiculous corner loop with the Talisman IB.
Tongue Throw: 63214D
- Low-hitting attack throw with considerable reach.
- Highly unsafe, but good for surprises especially due to its range.
Gang Up: 236236A/B/C
- Goblin's mount knocks down and mauls the opponent.
- Completely and totally invincible after Goblin leaves his mount.
- Goblin is left open to counter attack after landing on the ground in disappointment if the move whiffs or is blocked.
- Mashing A, B, and C will bring other lizards in on the rampage. Hence the name "Gang Up".
Throwing Skulls: 236236D
- A barrage of 11 smaller skulls, followed by one big skull. Will rarely connect in its entirety.
- Can be super burst cancelled just before the last skull.
- Can be used as an anti-air with mixed results.
|Characters||Ramda • Sandra • Curse Head ■ Elion • Fina • Evetta ■ Dorgan • Vargan • GerhardsenII ■ Vritra • Nagar • Mara ■ Orc • Troll • Goblin ■ Bernhard • Nsidor • Zon|
|Items||Healing Potion • Mana Potion • Power Bracelet • Scroll of Mana • Protection Ring • Amulet • Holy Symbol ■ Invisible Mantle • Wind Boots • Medal of Strength • Master Ring • Fortunate Coin • Talisman • Mutation Stone ■ Hellfire Sword • Magic Shield • Earth Hammer • Spike Mace • Demon Club • Goblin Spear • Ice Blade • Shining Staff • Shining Bow • Rune Ax • Extra Bullet • Draconic Figurine • Nightmare Blade • Evil Staff • Death Staff • Blood Sword • Naught Weapon • Dark Staff ■ Elixir • Demonic Figurine • Seven Keys • Book of Disaster • Magistery • Chaos Ring • Fang of Manticore • Dragon Scale|