Difference between revisions of "Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Kevin Rian"
|Line 71:||Line 71:|
|'''j.C'''||10||?||?||?||?||High||Jumping chop to the dome
|'''j.C'''||10||?||?||?||?||High||Jumping chop to the dome
|'''j.D'''||10||?||?||?||?||High||jump kick, wont hit most characters
Revision as of 10:58, 2 January 2008
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Gameplay Overview
- 3 Move List
- 4 Attributes
- 5 Frame Data
- 6 Attack Notes
- 7 Combos
- 8 T.O.P. Notes
- 9 Overall Strategy
- 10 Matchup Notes
- 11 Advanced Tactics
- 12 Return to The Characters
Command Normal Moves
Special Command Moves
Hell Trap: QCF+K [Can BREAK with AB
Hell Arrest: HCF+P next to opponent
Hell Rotor: QCB+P (C), can cancel with D
Creeper: QCB+B, attack with A or B, or cancel move with C
Abide Mine: QCB+D
Hell Snipe: F, D, DF+P
Lucky Strike: QCFx2+P
- S. Power juggles the opponent.
- P. Power does more damage if performed a distance away from the opponent.
Gattling Freezer: QCFx2+K
- This super will 'freeze' the opponent allowing you for a free combo.
- P. Power is most likely the P. Power with THE FASTEST start-up.
- S. Power does 17.5% damage, while P. Power does around 30% damage.
|far B||7||9||-6||-6||No||Mid||Mid Kick|
|far C||11||11||-11||-11||No||Mid||straight punch, kara-cancalable|
|far D||14||11||-9||-9||No||Mid||Spinning kick, kara-cancalable|
|close B||6||4||+2||+2||Yes||Mid||Mid Kick|
|close C||10||6||-9||-9||Yes||Mid||Hook, kara-cancalable|
|close D||14||11||-9||-9||No||Mid||Spinning kick, kara-cancalable, can be comboed from thru cancel but is really odd|
|A+B||10||22||+6||0||No||High||Jumping Near Verticle Kick|
|C+D||7,7,7=21||7||-2||KDN||No||Mid-All Hits||Rolls on the ground|
|c.C||9||6||-7||-7||Yes||Mid||Crouching Mid Kick|
|c.A+B||10||8||0||-6||Yes||Mid||Lays on butt and pokes leg out upwards|
|j.A||6||?||?||?||?||High||Jumping angled Jab|
|j.B||6||?||?||?||?||High||Quick jumping near horizantal kick|
|j.C||10||?||?||?||?||High||Jumping chop to the dome|
|j.D||10||?||?||?||?||High||Spinning jump kick, wont hit most crouching characters|
The Hell Rotor trick
Kevin's QCB+P can be canceled by pressing the HK button. The game somehow registers canceling the QCB+P as performing another attack in it's self;
Performing QCB+LP, then pressing HP+HK will have him cancel his attack with a Standing HP or Cr. HP if Down was held.
Performing QCB+P, then pressing HK immediately will result in him performing his Abide Mine roll.
Performing QCB+HP, then pressing LP+HK will have him cancel his attack with a Standing LP, or Cr. LP if Down was held.
Kevin has perhaps the most damaging combos in the game; he is 2nd to non in this field. While not all of his combos may be posted as of this writing, the ones given may suffice for even the most amateur of players (Note that UAA is Down+[LP+LK]):-
Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA-->QCF+K, Break-->F, D, DF+LP
Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA-->QCF+LK, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release
Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA-->QCF+K, Break-->QCFx2+HK-->F, D, DF+P
Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA-->QCFx2+LP-->F, D, DF+P
Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA-->QCFx2+HP
a) In any of these combos, you can start them instead as-
St. LP or Cr. LP-->QCF+K, Break-->etc.
St. LP or Cr. LP-->St. LP or Cr. LP-->QCF+K, Break-->etc.
The same principle can be done with the Corner only combos shown below.
b) Furthermore, should you wish to perform any of these combos at the corner, you can substitute Jumping HP-->St. HP or UAA with Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA; this gives you an extra 8 points of damage.
c) Note that you don't HAVE to start these combos with a Jumping HP unless you find an opening for it to cleanly hit. The same applies to the Corner only combos.
1- Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA-->QCF+LK, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release-->QCFx2+LP-->QCB+Hold LP then release-->QCFx2+LP-->QCB+Hold LP then release
2- Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA-->QCF+LK, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release-->QCFx2+LP-->QCB+Hold LP then release-->QCFx2+LK-->QCF+K, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release
3- Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA-->QCF+K, Break-->QCFx2+HP
4- Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA-->QCF+K, Break-->QCFx2+HK-->QCF+K, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release
5- Jumping HP-->St. HP-->QCFx2+LK-->Jumping HP-->St. HP-->QCFx2+LK-->Jumping HP-->St. HP-Feint->UAA-->QCF+LK, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release
You will notice that in a number of combos here and in Anywhere, you will have to Hold LP for his special move to hit. Your best bet is to hold it for a split second to get it's Lvl. 2 ver. In addition, you can 'buffer' the QCB during Kevin's recovery from attacks then when holding LP, you most likely will get the Lvl. 2 ver. immediately.
Finally, only his Lvl. 2 & 3 ver. of his QCB+P will hit a juggled opponent.
2- For the QCFx2+LK to connect easily, you must hit your opponent with the 2nd QCB+LP somewhat 'early' this will knock them high enough for the super to hit them.
3- The difference between adding in the QCF+K and not, is approximately 7 points of damage.
4- You can get some energy for your power gauge by doing QCB+(LP+HK) then QCF+LK, Break-->QCB+Hold LP then release. This method makes it so that the QCF+K will connect easily, however you might need to practice this method as it requires performing the QCB+(LP+HK) as soon as Kevin recovers (attempt the buffering trick mentioned previously).
Whenever in top mode, Hell rotor canceled by C+D will produce a top attack instead of a standing C.
- Hell rotor can not only be canceled, it can be canceled into a short hop normal right off the ground, which allows Kevin to jump in and keep attacking after a string in the corner, making pushback not such a big factor in his corner pressures. Also, he can cancel his dash at any point. I think standing A into broken Hell trap can be repeated infinitely in the corner for a guard crush string, but its probably escapeable. Well, mine anyway.
- Kevin can "twitch charge". Hell rotor canceled with C+D will cause him to use a standing C outside of top mode. The standing C can be Kara cancelled into another Hell rotor. This means Kevin can charge his own meter at a rapid pace. Also, he can cancel into any normal done at the same time as the D. However, you have to hold A and D doesnt do anything on its own (unless canceled very early, in which an automatic roll will be produced). This limits the normals he can cancel to to only B and C, which can be standing, crouching, or jumping.
- A particularly worthless trick Kevin can do is to dash up to the opponent, Hell rotor, cancel with c+d and away from the opponent, and the opponent will be thrown with the Hell rotors flame effect in the background. Yes, completely worthless.