All of K9999's normals take 1 frame longer to register as a hit. As a result, the frame advantage gained from attacks hitting or being blocked, is one frame higher than with every other character in the game, yet the hitstun is not higher than usual.
Crouch height: Medium
- Cancellable normals are close A, far A, crouch A, close B, crouch B, close C, jump A, jump C
- CD is cancellable into command moves(including down+D), specials and DMs
- Close D is an overhead and hard knockdown
- the hcb in db,hcb,df can not be shortcutted by omitting the diagonals
1. Close C, f+A - 18%
2. qcb+D, walk Close C, f+A - 30%
3. qcb+D, db hcb df+P - 35%
4. Close C(Buffer:hcb+C), db hcb df+P(Buffer:hcb df+P) - 33%
5. Crouch D(early on opponent wakeup), db hcb df+P - 33%
6. Close AA(Buffer:hcb+Ax2), db hcb df+P(Buffer:df+P) - 30%
7. Close C, f+A(3), db hcb df+P - 42% (Hard)
1. Crouch B, Crouch D, BC, run Close C, f+A(5), (C)dp+A, (C)qcf+C, (C)dp+A, (C)dp+C, db hcb df+P (Corner)
2. Crouch B, Crouch D, BC, run Crouch B, dp+A, (C)dp+C, (C)Crouch D(whiff), dp+A, (C)dp+C, (C)Crouch D, db hcb df+P (Corner)
3. (Already in maxmode) dp+C, (C)qcb+B(whiff), db hcb df+P(in opposite direction) - 40%
4. Close D, BC, d f df+ABCD(immediately after BC) - 55%
5. (Already in maxmode) f+D throw, d f df+ABCD - 55%
1. Close C, qcb+D, Close C, qcf+A
2. Close C, qcb+B, qcf+A
3. CD, Crouch D/(qcb+B, qcf+A)
4. Close D, (C)Crouch D, (C)qcb+B (Maxmode)
- K9999 has fairly useful tools to fight off fireball-happy characters. His qcb+D can be used to easily jump over ground projectiles on reaction and if close enough, and done quickly enough, it can punish them. qcf+A is also fast and can negate ground and air projectiles in front of K9999 (with the exception of DM projectiles, and Robert's qcf+P). The best option against a fireball though, would be using his db hcb df+K on reaction. It will fire 5 times normally (9 if you are about 3/4 of a full screen distance from the opponent). Thus, the first shot will negate the projectile, and the remaining shots will hit. His db hcb df+K can be somewhat difficult to do, so it is important to practice executing this move consistently and as quickly as possible.
- While his DMs are hard, if you can learn to do them pretty quickly they can be of great use. His gun DM, db hcb df+K will negate and go through normal and DMprojectiles. The sphere DM, db hcb df+P is a great anti-air, as it is invincible and quick (although not as quick as Athena's hcbx2+P). The gun DM can be used as an anti-air as well, but it is not guaranteed that all of the hits will make contact, and the opponent may have the opportunity to punish you. Once again, it is imperative that you practice doing these two DMs as quickly as possible on reaction, otherwise they will not be of use.
- A good anti-wakeup that K9999 has is his qcf+A. If spaced a bit, and done early on the opponent's, he will usually be forced to block it for some chip damage. K9999 will have a frame advantage and be able to followup with a variety of things such as far C or another qcf+A or crouch D or any attack other attack string. Fast wakeup anti-airs such as Iori's dp+C, will trade hits with the qcf+A. If he does use such counters, you can try baiting him into doing it by throwing out the qcf+A even earlier, such that it whiffs and you are able to block before he has the chance to use a dp+C.
|General||Notation and Terms | Mechanics and Notes | Tiers | Unlimited Match|
|Characters||Ryo | Robert | Takuma | Terry | Andy | Joe | Kyo | Benimaru | Daimon | Kim | Chang | Choi | Mai | Yuri | May Lee | Ralf | Clark | Leona | Athena | Kensou | Chin | Iori | Mature | Vice | Billy | Mary | Yamazaki | Chris | Shermie | Yashiro | K' | Maxima | Whip | Vanessa | Seth | Ramon | Kula | K9999 | Angel | Orochi Chris | Orochi Shermie | Orochi Yashiro | Kusanagi|