Marvel vs Capcom 3/Amaterasu
In a nutshell
To master Amaterasu, you'll need to learn how to use all three of her weapons and their techniques, and seamlessly transition to the correct weapon for the situation at hand. Amaterasu is one of the most versatile characters in the game. She can play any situation; rush down, run away, keep away, punishing, and has some of the best assists in the game as well. Much of the game's keepaway doesn't work on her, because she can simply crouch underneath any threat. Players looking for a jack of all trades, master of all trades character will be at home with Amaterasu, so long as they can handle having a very low amount of health.
Mission Mode Combos
Tips and Tricks
- While learning Amaterasu, do not be afraid to lose. Take your time learning each weapon separately before trying to combine all of her techniques into one gameplan. Remember to experiment and find out what you can crouch under as one of the shortest characters in the game. The knowledge will add up to a much deadlier character in the future.
- Play the matchup when using Amaterasu. If your opponent's character is weak to rush down, then rush him down. If he is weak to keep away, keep him out!
- Be ready for a quick, nearly full screen punish using the Okami Shuffle super.
- Don't be afraid to slow your opponent's down with the Vale of Mist. Meter gain stops during this, but the damage you get or the escape you make can be invaluable. Try DHCing into this super for a safe switch.
- The ideal way to switch weapons midcombo is to hit Down+Heavy then quickly Down+(weapon change button), as opposed to Down+Heavy then Down+Down+(Weapon Change Button). Doing this allows you to continue the combo easier as you are performing one less command input, using the Down+Heavy as one of the Down commands for the weapon change. Animated GIF to visually describe how it is done here
Vanilla vodka, Kahlua, and cream.