Difference between revisions of "Marvel vs Capcom 3/Dr. Doom"
(→Beginners Video Walkthrough)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
== Video Walkthrough ==
== Move List ==
== Move List ==
Revision as of 06:18, 4 February 2011
In a nutshell
Doom is a keepaway character with some sneaky ways to get in close and inflict damage. He has the best beam projectile in the game, and his fast startup Molecular Shield can really help keep would-be attackers off of him. His ability to many of his air normals gives him excellent mixups after blocked Dive Kicks, and his throws can lead to big damage combos. If a strong keepaway character with sneaky close range tricks is your style, join Doom's army.
Tips and Tricks
- Both version of his dive kick can be followed with an for addition pressure and mixups.
- Doom gets the combo of his choice after a forward throw in the corner, but he gets a huge combo starting in standing Medium off of his backward throw even midscreen. Beware pressing back and Heavy if you are unsure, as the Hidden Missiles move could come out and leave you wide open.
- Doom can only use his Photon Array once per jump. As such, his dominance is much more suited to ground play. Make sure you mix in Plasma Beams and his Heavy Gun to keep people guessing when you do jump.
- When using Doom's Hidden Missiles, call an assist to cover him.
- When using Doom's Hidden Missiles assist, try calling him from full screen and then dashing in so the camera zooms a bit. Doom will be left off screen and your opponent wont even see the missiles coming!