Marvel vs Capcom 3/Iron Man
In a nutshell
Iron Man has an all-around style of play that allows him extreme flexibility. He can keepaway and zone with Unibeams and Repulsar Blasts, or he can use his 8-way air dash to effortlessly rush his opponents down and inflict huge damage. He lacks versatility in either style of play, but the ability to do either more than makes up for it.
First hit is a physical attack
Tips and Tricks
- Even though Iron Man's crouching Heavy cannot be canceled into Specials or Supers, you can assist during this to make it useful.
- Iron Man's Repulsar Blast may seem unsafe, but try using the Spread command after the fourth beam appears to keep it shockingly safe and take his zoning game to a new level.
- Smart Bombs will OTG from surprisingly far, and can be canceled into a Proton Cannon for healthy damage after an air combo or throw.
- Iron Avenger (Level 3 Super) is insanely fast and completely invincible. Having 3 levels stocked can really limit your opponent's options, as you can stop or punish usually nonpunishable techniques.
-  You can XFC Proton Cannon into Any Cannon midscreen or in the corner if you dash between them. You just need to dash up enough to have the hit caused by the cannon (according to the official strategy guide, the Cannon hit comes out on 3rd frame) to connect with the opponent before they fall. Proton Cannon has 1 hit from the cannon and 35 hits from the beam for a total of 36 hits. The Cannon hit and the first 34 beam hits all put the opponent into a juggle-able air state, and the 35th hit of the beam causes an air-tech state. This is important because if you try to juggle the Cannon after all 35 beam hits connect the opponent bounces too high and air resets without the Cannon being able to touch them. A sweet spot for using the XFC and dashing midscreen is around the 30th hit. You can easily go up to the 34th beam hit in the corner if you feel your timing is good enough, although using a Repulsar Blast before the Proton Cannon gets you more damage.
Rum, orange juice, lime, and grenadine.