Marvel vs Capcom 3/Wolverine
In a nutshell
Wolverine is a fast, powerful character who focuses his game on front and back mixups using his Berserker Slash. This teleport style attack, when paired with the right assist, can lead to confusing situations and huge combos, letting Wolvie ignore keepaway and walk all over his opponents. If this sounds like your type of gameplan, and you have an assist that helps keep Wolvie safe, he might be the character for you.
Tips and Tricks
- Instead of ending basic combos with an aerial Fatal Claw, finish your jumping attack strings with forward Drill Claw, followed by Dive Kick. This leads to a ground bounce that will allow you to extend your combo even further.
- If you have the meter, cancel your Berserker Slash into Berserker Charge. This will keep you safe if your opponent blocks, and allow you to dash in and combo if the attack connects. If you can't spare the meter, be sure to cover your Berserker Slash with an assist that keeps the enemy pinned down.
- If you are near the corner and backthrow the opponent into it, you will be able to link a Standing Light attack into the combo of your choice. This is easier when used against average and large sized characters, and in many cases you can substitute Standing Light attack with Standing Medium attack.
- Pressing Jumping Light attack immediately after leaving the ground functions as an Instant Overhead Attack on every crouching opponent. In order to follow it up, however, you will need to time an assist to hit the enemy at the same time.
- Mash the H attack during a throw to increase damage by up to 40,000.
"A fastball special of Canadian whiskey and vermouth."