Silver Samurai (XMCOTA)
If you're a fan of low-tier and uphill battles, Silver Samurai is your man. While he's certainly handicapped, his battles are not unwinnable.
Silver Samurai had more options in older versions (2.x's, Japan/Asia versions) simply from his Shuriken hitting slower, allowing for better/easier combos.
Ground Chain: Weak Start
Normal Jump Chain: Weak Start Cross (must be Punch to Kick OR Kick to Punch)
Super Jump Chain: Weak Start
Tech hit type: Escape/Safe Fall
Weight Class: Heavy
- All Normal attacks chip
- RaiMeiKen (lightning super) does good damage and chip, can be comboed into
- Easy trap vs inexperienced players
- Decent pokes, though their range is deceptive and some may miss if too close vs some characters
- Does good damage and has good stamina
- If you're hit out of Shadow Clones startup, you still keep the powerup, unlike element swords
- Evasion X-special
- Slow, even his SJ and jump have some kind of short delay.
- Weak comboability compared to the rest of the cast, especially off of throws (few exceptions, more detail below)
- ALL of his attacks can be blocked high, including the 2nd hit of s.HP and his c.HK
- Size and weight make him a combo dummy, the dumbest things work on him
- Start up time for element swords is too long, though ice sword combos and resets (if they're bad at mashing) can be worth trying for
- Doesn't gain meter during element swords or shadows
- RaiMeiKen has a bit of startup, and begins using X-Power/meter before the attack comes out. If you're hit out of this, you'll lose about 1/4 of meter
Shuriken: D,DF,F+P (ground/air)
LP - slow, MP - medium, HP - "fast". Guidable after throwing, air version has less recovery than ground.
Multi-Slashes: F,D,DF+P, then P rapidly OR P rapidly.
Double Tap forward to do a slight dash with it, it will end after the dash.
Evasion: D,DF,F+K (ground/air)
You become invincible until you reappear. It seems this has some recovery frames (eg you can't block) in the air(normal and super jump) but not on the ground.
|Akuma - Colossus - Cyclops - Iceman - Omega Red - Psylocke - Sentinel - Silver Samurai - Spiral - Storm - Wolverine|
|Basic Game Mechanics - Combo Engine Overview|