Filia: Femme Fatale
|Voiced by:||Christine Marie Cabanos / Del Stetson|
|Likes:||Eating, Coffee, Milkshakes, Reading and learning, Radio dramas, Comics, Romance novels, Dogs|
|Dislikes:||Samson’s bluffing and gambling, Seeing innocents get hurt, Hair getting tangled, Being lied to, Getting drunk when Samson drinks|
With no memories or anyone to turn to for help, if she ever hopes to piece together her past and survive the inevitable clash with the Skullgirl, Filia will need to trust this mysterious being.
In a nutshell
Filia, despite the schoolgirl uniform and 3 familiar special moves, never wants to play boring. As the archetypal pixie of Skullgirls she wants to take Samson to the opponents face and make them guess which way to block. Her excellent suite of jumping normals combines with her air dash to create crossups, extend combos, and even cover space with mid screen pokes. As a protagonist and hero of Skullgirls, Filia is extremely comfortable starting on point, applying immediate pressure to the opponent with her rushdown tactics, then finding a combo leading to a Blockbuster Sequel.
|Dash or Run:||Filia has a forward run with an uneven speed. The dash at the beginning is much faster than the extended run. Her backward dash has average speed and travels a short distance.|
|Air Dash:||Very fast, 2 way (forward and backward) air dash.|
|Weight:||5 Buttons: lp --- lk --- mp --- mk --- hp OR hk|
|Standing:||5 Buttons: OR|
| Snip Snip
| Thinning Shears
| Knee High
| Leg Warmer
| Samson Boot
|1200|| (vs air)|
|+|| Comb Under
|+|| Ariel Rave
|+|| Queue Sting
|+|| Ankle Sock
|+|| French Twist
||150 x2, 200, 250, 400|
|+|| Tread of Hair
Don't look down!
|(air)|| Straight Razor
|(air)|| Buzz Cut
||150 x5, 250|
|(air)|| Salon Treatment
|(air)|| Thigh High
|(air)|| Bounce and Volume
|(air)|| Split Ends
|+|| Samson Cuddle
||0, 212 x4|
|(air) +|| Widow’s Peak
|+|| Ringlet Spike
Look out below!
|600|| Default Ensemble Choice (MP)|
| Default Ensemble Choice (LP)|
| + OR
| Bounce, No Volume
Let's go, babe!
|500||Tag In: A one hit Bounce and Volume, jumping in from the side of the screen.|
| + + OR
| Lash Out
You bore me!
|+ +|| Fenrir Drive
Death from above!
|400, 200 x6, 400, 3000, 550||Uses 1 level of Dramatic Tension.|
|+ +|| Gregor Samson
|300 x4, 1750|| Uses 1 level of Dramatic Tension.|
|+ +|| Trichobezoar
||4200|| Uses 3 levels of Dramatic Tension.|
- Filia's run starts with a very fast dash forward before the slightly slower continuous run, making Wavedashing extremely effective. By rapidly starting a ground dash then crouching (PP then ↓, repeat), Filia can move across the screen much faster than holding the run. No other character in the game receives as large of a speed increase when using this technique.
- Instant air dashing helps Filia's offense more than any other character. Filia can IAD 5f after starting a jump, giving her the fastest and lowest to the ground air dash in the game. j.LK out of an IAD is the fastest attack Filia has. An instant air dash into a j.HP covers ground with a strong poke and has ample hit stun for confirming into a ground chain.
- Filia can always rely on her , anti-air special move, the Updo. Aggressive opponents always have to worry about Filia throwing out an uppercut at an unsafe jump, as a reversal after using a ground recovery, or even while pushblocking to interrupt a what should be block string. A successful Updo can always cancel into a Blockbuster for a combo, but no amount of tension can make it completely safe on block.
- Ringlet Spike (↓↘→ + P): As a Ensemble, the Default Ensemble Choice MP version has a fixed range. Using the LP and HP versions for a custom Ensemble will work at different distances, but the attack will never cover as much space as the typical fireball.
- Updo (→↓↘ + P): An anti-air Ensemble with . The LP version is a Default Ensemble Choice, so using the more damaging and higher reaching HP version as a custom Ensemble may be the better option.
- French Twist (c.MK): As a custom Ensemble this normal can trap an opponent in its multiple hits, giving the point character enough time to attack from a different direction.
- Hairball (↓↙← + K): Any version of this attack, especially the 6 hit HK version, can work as a custom Ensemble. It can push opponents back while keeping them in block stun.
- Chompadour (s.HP): Samson bites at a large area above Filia. This attack has a shorter horizontal range than many of Filia's other ground normals, but will always work in specific chain combos. c.MP > s.HP lifts the opponent off of the ground first to let s.HP connect. Chaining c.MK > s.HP will pull the opponents to Filia, leaving them at close range for the launcher.
- Ariel Rave (c.MP): Filia's second attack readily combos off of LP and LK normals but is not as powerful as s.HP. The opponent won't travel as high. Comboing after a super jump cancel may require different air chains than those used with s.HP.
- French Twist (c.MK): Filia and Samson attack to the ground. As a multi hit ground normal this gives Filia a lot of time to hit confirm to a launcher if used in a chain combo.
- Queue Sting (c.HP): Samson's attack causes a vs aerial opponents. Careful placement in a combo can get the ground bounce, sending the opponent into the air for more hits without using an OTG or a conventional launcher.
- Buzz Cut (j.MP): Samson spins around Filia for multiple hits during this versatile attack. In an instant air dash the move says active can hits as a cross upUsing Buzz Cut for instant air dash pressure has some merit, but it's not necessarily better than j.LK and j.HP. It can force the opponent to block multiple hits and change pushblock timing and it also hits as a cross up much more easily than air HP or air LK. Air MP's multiple hits carry a hidden disadvantage when considering damage scaling. A more damaging, single strike is a better choice as the first hit of a combo. As a tool to extend combos, air dash canceling an air MP into another air MP can add 12 hits to a combo and leave plenty of time for an opponent to land on their feet.
- Bounce and Volume (j.MK): Filia kicks before Samson attacks, leaving plenty of time to cancels into an air dash after the first or second hit. The attack gives Filia a sudden change of momentum during her jump and can hit as a cross up, so an air dash cancel at an unpredictable time during this move can create a tricky block situation for the opponent.
- Split Ends (j.HK): Samson bites directly below Filia. The attack hits as a cross up fairly easily and brings Filia to a sudden stop in the air, making it ideal against a standing opponent. j.HP > j.HK works as a highly damaging 2 hit jump in to start a combo. Against an aerial opponent Split Ends will cause a normal , allowing Filia to end an air chain close to the ground, land, then continue a combo using an OTG.
- Ringlet Spike (↓↘→ + P): Filia drops to the floor as Samson sends a ground based . It's not very useful as a conventional fireball, but it can get under some enemy projectiles. The spike will send the opponent upward on hit before the , which makes the short range LP version useful for some combos in the corner. The longer range MP and HP versions can cancel the recovery animation of Filia's normal throw then immediately cancel to a Gregor Samson, starting a lengthy combo off of a mid screen throw.
- Hairball (↓↙← + K): This multi hit move behaves a bit differently when preformed in the air. All air versions of Hairball have the same number of hits and damage as the ground MK version with different trajectories. LK curves upwards, MK goes straight forward, and HK curves down. Using the HK version to cancel the recovery animation of Filia's normal air throw can hit the opponent OTG and lead to a Gregor Samson.
- Fenrir Drive (→↓↘ + PP): This Blockbuster has 0f of start up after the flash. Opponents must start holding a block direction before the super flash starts to defend against this move at close range. If opponents don't respect Filia's invincible Updo, a Fenrir Drive might be what it takes to stop their offense. Using this move as a Blockbuster Sequel will add some start up frames after the super flash.
- Gregor Samson (↓↙← + KK): Filia's second level 1 Blockbuster can easily extend a combo with its . Using the super at different heights and distances from the sides of the stage will send the helpless opponent in various directions. Not all Gregor Samsons will guarantee the same kind of combo afterwards. An Updo takes Filia off the ground as it hits, allowing for a cancel into an air Gregor Samson.
- Trichobezoar (↓↙← + PP): Filia's level 3 Blockbuster has an easy time going through an opponent's attack with more than either of her level 1s. The massive, single hit will miss against most standing opponents. Updo doesn't stay on the ground very long, but can get the opponent in the air and cancel to Trichobezoar (←↙↓ + PP) if done quickly.
It's like you could block everything I did. You even blocked my secret reset.
Colors and Costumes
|Color 1||Color 2||Color 3||Color 4||Color 5|
|Color 6||Color 7||Color 8||Color 9||Color 10|