- Off of s.hp
- s.hp IAD j.lp: puts you on the ground before the opponent so you can go for left/right, low/high, airthrow, whatever, this is a cool reset. Sometimes if you do the OTG c.lk s.mk s.hp, the opponent will be too high, but if you omit the s.mk from that chain they won't be, it's character specific.
- s.hp j.hp IAD j.lk: you're plus after using j.lk and you land before them so you can do stuff from there
- s.hp j.hp IAD j.lk delay j.hk: if you delay enough j.hk will crossup, if you don't it won't. Character specific timing and really hard/impossible on some (who?)
- Off of restand
- j.hk restand, jump forward j.lp: after doing this you can either delay j.hk for a crossup or airdash backwards for sameside. Only works on characters tall enough to get hit with jump forward j.lp
- j.hk restand, c.mp, IAD j.lp j.lk: again you're super plus off j.lk and you land first so you can do stuff off that. Instead of the j.lp j.lk you can also do airthrow, it'll whiff and you'll fastfall for mostly the same result.
- Filia has a bunch of fastfall resets, where you cancel some move into something that drops you to the ground quickly and allows you to act well before your opponent.
- j.mp fastfall: use j.mk during j.mp when you're near the ground and you will cancel the j.mp into a fastfall, where you can go for low/throw/high/whatever
- j.mk fastfall: cancel the first hit of j.mk into a whiffed j.hp and you will fastfall, same concept as before but used at different combo points cause it's a different move.
- j.mk: dash cancel the 1st hit of j.mk into either throw, to get a throw reset you can combo off of with H airball into gregor, or instead of throw use j.mp to stuff the opponents throw, confirm into j.hk, and keep the combo going.
- (Corner only) j.hp j.hk IAD j.lk j.hp: Puts the opponent airborne as you land, so you can do high/low/throw when they land or jump and airgrab.
- Tick throws/delayed lows also work as well with filia as with any other characters.
Because of her fast airdash you can basically do any air normal that would trigger IPS right after a launcher, then air backdash, and it's a burst bait. Usually this'll be j.hk because it's consistent and it gives you oki stuff if they don't burst (you cannot ground tech after a soft knockdown that triggers IPS unless otg has already been used), but other normals can be used as well. That said she has some other neat burst tricks too.
- s.hp IAD j.lk (when it would trigger IPS, of course): Same as one of the earlier resets except with j.lk instead of j.lp. Good because even if they don't burst you get the crossunder as usual.
- OTG s.hp (when it would trigger IPS): Because you can jump cancel launchers on hit, if you do s.hp OTG then jump back you will dodge the burst. Downside is this only works midscreen, and the only followup is airdash j.mp j.hk into combo, which will scale the followup considerably.
- (normal) into s.hk ringlet psych: shoutouts to WAAAAAAAAAHNIE. Popularized in the corner with c.lk during the corner combo, this is a bait that will almost certainly catch people that don't know about it. Basically you use a normal that would trigger IPS, chain it into s.hk to move yourself back to avoid the burst, then use ringlet psych to cancel the s.hk before it actually comes out so you don't move forward back into the burst. As mentioned it was first introduced in the corner by using c.lk to start the last ground chain in the corner combo, but can also work midscreen after a gregor wallbounce.
Burst Bait Hard Knockdown
Filia does not have any way to cause a hard knockdown exactly. However, if you do a burst bait with j.HK (without having spent otg), the opponent cannot ground tech because hitting a button would cause a burst, so she can imitate a hard knockdown in this way. Some examples of Filia's options after a "hard" knockdown:
- run/jump and block: self-explanatory bait if you think they're mashing
- c.lk/throw/IAD j.lk: simple high/low/throw
- tick throw
- jump over and j.hk: Crossup, relatively easy to see coming but you can quickly airdash backwards during the startup and do a 2nd j.hk to make it same-side.
- jump over and call assist: Crossup, same as previous and can be made fake with an airdash backwards as well.
|Skullgirls 2nd Encore+|
|Help||FAQ • Controls • Glossary • UI/HUD • Training Room • Frame Data • Hitboxes • Team Building|
|Characters||Filia • Cerebella • Peacock • Parasoul • Ms. Fortune • Painwheel • Valentine • Double • Squigly • Big Band • Eliza • Fukua • Beowulf • Robo-Fortune|
|Mechanics||Movement • Attacks / Hit Effects • Defense • Team Mechanics • Combos / Damage • Advanced Mechanics • Esoteric • Frame Data & Hitboxes|
|Other||Community • Videos • PC Launch Options • Patch History • Extra|