Super Smash Bros. Melee/Donkey Kong
- 1 Introduction
- 2 "A" Moves Analysis
- 3 "B" Moves List
- 4 Combos
- 5 Frame Data
- 6 Strategies
- 7 Match-ups
He is currently 15th on the tier list in the D tier. Donkey Kong, true to being a heavyweight, is tough to KO, which is also aided by his fast falling speed. Donkey Kong is also very powerful in his attacks, and he has excellent range to boot. He is also perhaps surprisingly fast for a heavyweight, and his jumping prowess is also surprisingly good. Donkey Kong also had plenty of options available for him to combo others, aided by his high air speed. However, Donkey Kong himself is easy to combo due to his large frame, and his recovery gives little vertical distance and has no options for extending it; this also makes him extremely vulnerable to meteor smashes and spikes.
"A" Moves Analysis
- Neutral attack- A jab then an uppercut. 4%, then 6% damage.
- Dash attack- Kicks in front to do 11%.
- Forward tilt- Slaps in front of him. 10% damage.
- Down tilt- Sweeps with his hand. 7%. Very fast and annoying to foes.
- Up tilt- A fast upwards sweep. 9-11% damage.
- Forward smash- Claps in front of him for big knockback. Somewhat fast. 20% uncharged, 29% fully charged.
- Up smash- Claps above him, good knockback. Somewhat slow, not to mention this will not hit a grounded foe at all. 18% uncharged, 24% fully charged.
- Down smash- Brings his hands high and slams them down. 14-16% uncharged, 19-22% fully charged.
- Floor attack- Gets up and punches on both sides. 6% damage.
- Ledge attack- Launches his back to the floor with huge range, for a ledge attack. Does 8% damage.
- 100% ledge attack- Gets up and slaps anyone in front of him. 10% damage.
- Neutral aerial- Rotates his body, good for close situations. 10-12% damage.
- Forward aerial- Similar to Mario's, brings his hands together and brings them down. This can meteor smash at his arms as opposed to his hands, which yields good horizontal knockback. 16%.
- Back aerial- Fast kick behind him, good edgeguarder. 9-13% damage.
- Up aerial- Headbutts upward, does 14% damage.
- Down aerial- Thrusts his foot down. 13-16% damage. Also a meteor smash.
- Pummel- Karate chops the foe. 2-3% damage, pretty fast.
- Forward throw- Picks the opponent up. If up and A are pressed, tosses foe upward and does 7%. If down and A are pressed, throws the opponent like a bowling ball, 6% damage. If the directional button is pushed in the direction behind and A is pressed, tosses opponent behind him for 8%. If the direction button is pushed in the direction in front of DK and A is pressed, launches foe in front of him for 8% damage.
- Back throw- Tosses foe behind him. 11% damage.
- Down throw- Violently shoves the enemy to the ground, does 7% damage.
- Up throw- Throws foe above him with one hand. 9% damage.
"B" Moves List
Serious Advantage Match-ups
Luigi, Y.Link, Zelda, Roy, Yoshi, G&W, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu
Samus, Pikachu, Link
Fox, Falco, Marth, Puff, Peach, C.Falcon, Ice Climbers, Doc, Ganondorf, Mario, Mew2
Serious Disadvantage Match-ups
|General||Notation | Game Mechanics | Tiers | Strategy|
|The Characters||Bowser | Captain Falcon | Dr. Mario | Donkey Kong | Falco | Fox | Ganondorf | Ice Climbers | Jigglypuff | Kirby | Link | Luigi | Mario | Marth | Mewtwo | Mr. Game and Watch | Ness | Peach | Pichu | Pikachu | Roy | Samus | Sheik | Yoshi | Young Link | Zelda|