Super Street Fighter IV AE/Dan
Dan's father, Go Hibiki, was murdered in a Street Fighting match by Sagat after Go has blinded Sagat in one eye. Swearing revenge, Dan sought after Sagat to avenge his father and end Sagat's life. When finally given the opportunity to fight Sagat, Sagat saw his own chase for revenge in Dan and, realizing its futility, allowed Dan to defeat him to assuage Dan's anger. Dan, since then, has determined he was the strongest warrior ever and opened up his own school to teach his "Saikyou" style. Though his school has yet to garner any voluntary students (Blanka and Sakura act as ones just to humor him), Dan is determined to perform well in the next Street Fighting tournament to spread his teachings wider.
In a nutshell
Dan's greatest power may be the illusion that Dan is supposed to be bad. In the history of Street Fighter, Dan has always been an extremely sub-par character, but this is definitely not true at all in Super Street Fighter IV. Do not sleep on Dan: he has an effective rush down that always leads to a guessing game. He actually has a very effective Dragon Punch! Dan is not free by any means. Winning with Dan oftentimes involves surprising your opponent, who believes they should be getting a free victory only to find out that, wait a sec... Dan is a legitimate fighter!!
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Made EX Airborne Dankukyaku fully hit after EX Focus canceling a Koryuken. Changed heavy version’s damage from 50 + 40 + 30 (120 total) to 50 * 3 (150 total). Changed EX version’s height restrictions, allowing it to be activated 1F earlier. Changed EX version’s stun from 100 * 3 (300 total) to 100 + 75 + 75 (250 total).
Changed heavy version’s damage from 50 + 40 + 30 (120 total) to 50 + 40 + 40 (130 total).
Adjusted to fully hit when used up close against any character.
Ducking Taunt, Jumping Taunt
Made Super Meter bonus +70 on a hit and +30 on a block.
Close Standing Medium Punch
Changed startup from 6F to 5F. Takes the total frame count to 23F.
Close Standing Heavy Kick
Shortened hitback distance on standing or crouching hit.
Crouching Heavy Kick
Changed startup from 12F to 10F. Takes the total frame count to 33F.
- Crouching Medium Punch's startup is now 5 frames.
- Close Standing Light Kick, Close Standing Medium Punch, Close Standing Hard Kick, Far Standing Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, and Crouching Medium Kick's recovery time was reduced. New combo possibilities.
- Neutral Jumping Hard Punch will slam opponents down to the ground when hit.
- Medium and Hard Dan Kicks damage distribution got adjusted. Hard Dan Kick's total damage decreased.
- Dragon Punch will give air reset on trade.
- Ultra 2 invincibility was decreased to 8 frames after Ultra freeze.