Super Street Fighter IV AE/Deejay
Dee Jay has managed to fuse his two true loves together: fighting and dancing. Using his impeccable rhythm and flexibility from dancing, Dee Jay managed to literally dance around his opponents and defeat them in a Street Fight. with his prowess as a kickboxer. But despite what may happen on the dance floor or in the ring, Dee Jay never gets his spirits down and a smile never leaves his face. And as he builds up more wins and gains more popularity as a Street Fighter, it certainly couldn't hurt his record sales!
In a nutshell
Dee Jay is probably the most altered character in Arcade Edition. The changes made to him practically make him a brand-new character altogether. Dee Jay is now much closer to his original Super Turbo counterpart, with a bit of Vanilla SSF4 Guile thrown in for good measure. His Air Slashers now have much less recovery and can be utilized much more like Sonic Booms. Dee Jay has now at last regained the infamous Up Kick juggle from Super Turbo which practically defined him. Dee Jay veterans will be very pleased that they can now play in a similar fashion to what they could 15 years ago.
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Abolished counter-hit hurtbox in place from projectile discharge to end of move for all versions. Hurtbox now exists until point of discharge.
Far Standing Medium Punch
Expanded hitbox to end of glove, and made cancelable into a special move.
Made canceling into this move possible on penultimate hit of Sobat Carnival Super Combo.
Double Rolling Sobat
Expanded hitbox along attacking foot for medium version’s second hit only when first hit connected. Changed damage from 80 to 90 for light, 100 to 110 for medium, and 120 to 130 for heavy version.
Close Standing Heavy Kick
Made first hit do forcible stand-up damage when it connects with opponents on the ground. Expanded second hit’s hitbox downward.Made attacker have a -2F (dis)advantage when second hit is blocked. Made second hit super-cancelable.
- Far Standing Light Punch's hittable box around his arm was removed, so it's more difficult to beat this attack.
- Crouching Medium Punch's priority was strengthened, and it deals more damage.
- Close Standing Medium Punch's active frames were increased by 1, making it a total of 5 active frames, so it's easier to use as a close anti air.
- Far Standing Medium Kick was changed to be a 2-hit normal, and it got adjusted in damage distribution, in startup, and in the total duration. Now, the 1st hit is cancelable, so combos such as Crouching Light Punch, into Far Standing Medium Kick, into Special Moves and also Close Standing Medium Kick into Far Standing Medium Kick into Special Moves combos are possible.
- Close Standing Hard Kick is now a techable knockdown against air opponents. You can now do juggle combos after the second hit.
- Far Standing Hard Kick's startup is 1 frame faster, and the active frames for it was increased by 1.
- Crouching Hard Kick's distance was shortened, but has more active frames, and it will recover faster after the active frames end.
- Foward Jumping Medium Kick's pushback on hit is adjusted, so combos after crossing up with it are easier.
- Air Slasher's recovery got shortened, and the hitstun/blockstun got reduced as well. There are no changes to EX Air Slasher. Opponent's attack will now be registered as a counter hit if you get hit out while doing this, the opponent can punish.
- Light Dread Kicks' startup was changed to 12 frames, and his lower body invincibility was lengthened as well. It's comboable from Light attacks now. It's throw invincibility and airborne state were removed.
- Medium and Hard EX Dread Kicks 1st hit deals longer hitstun, so landing the first 1st hit, Focus Attack Dash Canceling, and following up with a combo is possible.
- Machinegun Upper's damage was increased.
- Light Jacknife Maximum damage was increased, and is completely invincible until active frames end.
- Hard Kick and EX Jacknife Maximum are now less likely to whiff attacks on hit.
- Ultra 2's has less recovery after the cinematic.
- Forward dash has more frames where you can input a Super or Ultra command. As a result, his forward dash into Ultra 2 is easier than it was before.