Super Street Fighter IV AE/Hakan
Hakan has made a fortune by becoming the president of the world's leading cooking oil manufacturer. He also gained fame and prominence in his expertise in Yagli Gures, the Turkish sport of oil wrestling. Hakan has made numerous friends due to his lively personality (including sumo wrestler Edmond Honda) is married to a beautiful wife, and has a family of seven daughters. So what else is there for such a man to do? Enter the world of Street Fighting for the fun of it, to promote the joys of oil wrestling, and to make his family proud.
In a nutshell
Hakan is certainly an oddball in the Street Fighter universe. Hakan is a grappler, but his gimmick is that he requires being in Oil Mode to make good use of his grapples. He essentially has two fighting styles - Oil Mode, and Non-Oil Mode, the latter of which being how you start the round. When not oiled, your main objective with Hakan is getting the opponent in a position where you can enter Oil Mode. To that end, he has several excellent non-grapple related tools to knock your opponent down or otherwise incapacitate them. Upon entering Oil Mode, the fun really begins. Hakan gets a major boost in mobility and power, which is actually the main reason his grapples are not so good when not oiled. During Oil Mode, he is also the only character who can move during his Focus Attack, which is another very useful and deadly tool of his. Hakan's gimmicky playstyle is also, sadly, his weakness. The problem with Hakan does not lie with himself, but rather every other character just outshines him in almost every way. Like Dan, however, Hakan is a character full of surprises, and that element is always an advantage in the world of Street Fighter.
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Made it possible to get oiled from start of round. Effect lasts approximately 10 seconds.
Vertical Jumping Light Punch
Changed hitbox active period from 3F to 8F.
Vertical Jumping Medium Punch
Changed hitbox active period from 2F to 4F.
Vertical Jumping Light Kick
Changed hitbox active period from 7F to 11F. Expanded hitbox and moved it upward.
Angled Jumping Light Punch
Changed hitbox active period from 6F to 8F.
Adjusted trajectory and reach of hitbox to bolster heavy and EX versions. Changed to fly over crouching opponents (not all characters) when the medium or heavy version is executed at close range. Changed light version’s startup from 14F to 9F, EX version’s startup from 22F to 19F, and reduced max. power stun. Expanded hitbox downward for all versions.
Crouching Heavy Punch
Changed to a 2-hit attack. Also altered the total frame count, leaving the attacker with a -3F (dis)advantage on a hit, and a -6F (dis)advantage when blocked.
Standing Light Punch
Changed to a +4F advantage when blocked.
Flying Oil Spin
Adjusted light version’s startup from 18F to 9F, and medium version’s startup from 18F to 12F. Changed to fly over crouching opponents (not all characters) when the medium or heavy version is executed at close range. Removed hurtbox around arm at startup.
Contracted upper hurtbox downward at start of hit detection to match the rest of the active period. Contracted active period front hurtbox backward to match the situation immediately after detection starts.
Changed to do 100 points of stun when the slide originates from an Oil Shower move. Made Super Meter bonus 30 when the slide originates from an Oil Shower move. Made effect of oil when the slide originates from an Oil Shower move last for 450F (approx. 7.5 seconds).
- Standing Hard Punch's hittable box around his arm got smaller, so it's easier to use as an anti air attack or a poke.
- When Oiled, normal moves buffered after a forward dash now have sliding property.
- Step Low (F + Light Kick) is now cancelable, has a faster startup, can link from Close Standing Medium Punch and other attacks.
- For Oil Shower, the duration of the oil will be stacked now. The maximum duration is 30 seconds. Also, the Medium, Hard and EX versions of the Oil Shower have 5 frames less recovery time, and the EX version can be canceled into Guard Position.
- Oil Shower is one of Hakan's follow ups after an Oil Slide. The effect is the same as Light Kick Oil Shower, and he will be in advantage nevertheless.
- Light Punch Oil Slide has a faster startup, and can be connected from Crouching Light Punch or Step Low (F + Light Kick).
- Oil Dive, including the EX version, while holding button, can be canceled into Guard Position (Coward Crouch), you can now use it as a feint and to build meter.
- Oil Rocket and Oil Dive's input property is adjusted, so the feeling will be same with that of Zangief's Spinning Piledriver.