Super Street Fighter IV AE/Ken
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
Ken trained alongside Ryu under the tutelage of Gouken and, after the two had gone separate paths, blazed a path of success in America. Not only did he become the American Street Fighter champ, he also was the successor to his father's business empire. Ken also managed to find true love in his wife Eliza, with whom they are now expecting their first child. However, the lure of battle never leaves Ken, and he has once again entered the world of Street Fighting and, most importantly to Ken, may soon have the chance to face off against his former training brother and true rival Ryu in the ultimate battle.
In a nutshell
Ken is the polar opposite of Ryu. While Ryu focuses on controlling the battle from a distance, Ken is more oriented to those who want a more "in-your-face" style of Shoto. Throughout the years of the series, Ken has evolved into a hard-hitting, fast character with an excellent mixup game. He is one of the few characters who have the ability to kara-throw, making him even deadlier when he's not quite in the range you think he can catch you. His greatest strenght, however, is also his greatest weakness. If one is not careful, the risks players end up taking with Ken can end with horrible consequences, and the loss of a lot of health. For those who want an easy-to-use character with plenty of explosive, offensive potential, Ken may be for you.
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Expanded hitbox for second hit downward to facilitate connecting with crouching targets. Increased startup of near standing medium punch from 8F to 20F to allow a delay when canceling into a Target Combo.
Changed damage from 70 + 30 + 30 + 50 (180 total) to 80 + 30 + 30 + 60 (200 total).
Crouching Heavy Kick
Total frame count unchanged, but startup altered from 7F to 8F.
Far Standing Heavy Kick
Changed startup from 12F to 11F. Shortened attack recovery by 4F, giving a +1F advantage on a hit and a -3F (dis)advantage when blocked.
Overall length of feint move changed from 27F to 24F.
- Less recovery time on Crouching Medium Punch. He can now combo Crouching Medium Punch into Crouching Medium Kick.
- Improved the hit box for Crouching Light Punch.
- Target Combo hit box (Medium Punch into Hard Punch) improved.
- Light Punch Shoryuken has 2 extra frames of recovery, but now does 120 damage. It did 100 damage in SSF4.
- EX Fireball can juggle twice in the air, so now you can get full juggle off a Light Punch Shoryuken into EX Fireball.
- EX Air Hurricane Kick can now be blocked high or low. Used to be that it had to be blocked high.
- Is considered to be mid-air right after the invincibility frames of his backdash ends.