Difference between revisions of "Super Street Fighter IV AE/Seth"
|Line 1,023:||Line 1,023:|
Revision as of 22:03, 10 February 2012
Seth is actually one of many bodies produced by the Living Incubator program, but was giving the assignment of overseeing the S.I.N. corporation by M. Bison. Seth developed the Tanden Engine, which allowed Seth to instantly mimic the fighting techniques of opponents he has fought. Ever ambitious, Seth decided to rebel against Shadaloo and took S.I.N. for himself. He has no intention of stopping there, however, and plans to defeat Shadaloo's leader, M. Bison, and take over everything M. Bison has created utilizing the ultimate weapon he has created within S.I.N.: the device known as BLECE.
In a nutshell
A "glass cannon" in every sense of the word. Seth is a character who has a variety of tools at his disposal for just about everything you can think of. His speed is incredible, he can deal loads of damage in seconds with extremely lengthy and hard-hitting combos, and his moves all have great priority. The price he pays for all of these perks, unfortunately, is the worst defense in the game. With the lowest health out of the entire cast, and his only reliable wakeup reversal being his Shoryuken, Seth must be played very carefully, because making one false move will cost you the round 99% of the time. Once mastered, however, the risky maneuvers one takes with Seth will eventually seem more rewarding than not.
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Jumping Heavy Punch
Changed hitbox active time from 2F to 4F.
Forward Jumping Medium Kick
Made foot region invincible to projectiles from end of active period to landing.
Shortened block stun by 2F on second normal Shoryuken hit, leaving the attacker with a -3F (dis)advantage on EX Focus→Dash. No change to first hit’s block stun.
Made Seth become totally invincible at a certain point in the attack. Made fully hit when combo launched from crouching heavy punch. Changed damage from 380 to 340.
- His Toward Jumping Hard Punch's number of active frames is doubled, so it's easier to hit with now.
- Far Standing Medium Kick's active frames were lengthened a little, and his hittable box when he extends his leg horizontally was reduced, so it will function better as a poking tool.
- Close Standing Medium Punch's startup is faster and the total duration of the move is reduced as a result, plus frame advantage on hit was increased, so it got significantly buffed.
- Crouching Hard Punch's start up is slightly faster.
- Crouching Medium Kick has slightly more active frames.
- Neutral Jumping and Jumping Away Hard Punch (Stretchy Arms) now is his Jump Toward Hard Punch animation. The jumping stretchy arms attack has been removed.
- His Dive Kick's hitstun and blockstun were decreased, so it's slightly harder to use the move as an offense tool.
- All three Head Stomp moves had their active frames reduced, and the timing to hit all three of them was changed.
- Sonic Boom's recovery was reduced by 1 frame, and EX Sonic Boom's recovery is reduced by 3 frames. Now regular attacks into his regular or EX Sonic Boom, Focus Attack Dash Cancel and a follow up combo are pretty powerful.
- His Spin Kicks (Hyakuretsukyaku) deal more damage and less stun.
- Super's invincibility window was lengthened, and "the pursuit priority is increased" (connect more hits against airborne opponents).
- Ultra 2's recovery was shortened. Full invincibility was changed to 12 frames, and after that Seth is only invincible to projectiles until the end of active frames.
- Ultra 1 deals more damage, but has a longer recovery time.
- Stamina increased to 800, stun increased to 900.