The King of Fighters XIII/Kula
From Shoryuken Wiki!
Revision as of 02:24, 1 November 2011 by Andrew Welker
In a nutshell
sweet icy love
- Crow Bites ( + ) - The frozen sibling of K's molten 'DP'. First off, the version isn't invulnerable though it can be used to anti-air if activated early. Her strong version has slight startup invulnerability and carries her further horizontally on the ground before flying upward. However, first hit can sometimes fail to connect against crouching players which results in the attack being unsafe on hit, so Kula players generally use Slider Shoot ( + ) to end simple grounded combos.
- Diamond Breath ( + ) - Kula brings her hand up to her mouth and breathes a frigid dust. This is generally safe and powerful tool to end blockstrings and lock the opponent down, and it can be confirmed on hit into additional damage. Attacking Kula out of the startup can be difficult, especially from the max range of her ice breath. However, punishable by Guard Cancel Rolling if canceled into so one must avoid being too predictable with this move.
- + starts faster and can be comboed into from Heavy normals or canceled into from a Light Kick to form a more tight blockstring, while leaving a large enough gap for the opponent to try to press a button. This version sends the opponent airborne on hit which is easily confirmable into a Ray Spin followup. On block, both players are left at neutral.
- + has a much slower startup and wont combo from Kula's normals. It will stagger the opponent on hit which allows the Kula player to hyper hop in for a combo, and when blocked this leaves Kula with a large frame advantage. While advantageous on block or hit, the longer startup creates a gap that allows the opponent to more easily escape or punish Kula during the startup.
- Diamond Breath ( + + ) - Combos from Heavy attacks and causes a crumple on hit. If blocked, the player is at a greater advantage than with the breath.
- Counter Shell ( + ) - A tool of multiple functions.
- Counters projectiles and shoots back an ice chunk identical to her Stand ( + ) Ray Spin followup.
- Kula's hand has an active hitbox that causes a hard knockdown. This can be used instead of + to end a juggle combo to achieve a better advantage while losing some damage in comparison.
- Recovers fast enough to be used from fullscreen to quickly build meter on occasions.
- Counter Shell ( + + ) - The physical slash does more damage while a reflected projectile does increased damage on hit.
- Ray Spin ( + ) - Kula's infamous spinning kick, the stuff combo nightmares are made of. When to use a followup or not depends on the situation, though all three possibilities are potentially punishable.
- + travels low to the ground and will connect against crouching hitboxes, making it better for starting grounded combos. It combos from directly from Heavy normals and her One Inch punch, though this can also be comboed into from many juggle situations. This is an alternative blockstring ending tool to using Diamond Breath, but Ray Spin leaves Kula at a frame disadvantage which can always be punished by instant grabs, even if canceled into a followup.
- + travels high into the air with a taller arc. This can be used to approach the opponent as an air-to-ground attack, though Kula is vulnerable to air-to-airs from this setup. Another weakness is that the opponent can crouch under the first hit, so using this up close is not suggested outside of combos.
- Ray Spin ( + + ) - Combos from Light attacks and is neutral on block. Easy to confirm into to start a corner combo, and isn't punishable by command grabs if blocked. The spinning arc behaves slightly differently which affects when it should be used in juggles.
- Stand (Ray Spin, then + ) - Projectile followup that wont combo against a grounded player though it leaves Kula neutral on block. There's a gap between a Ray Spin and her Stand followup which can be punished with command grabs or invulnerable moves, though otherwise it creates a solid frametrap.
- Combos against airborne opponents and allows the player to continue hitting the opponent afterward.
- Sit (Ray Spin, then + ) - Kula follows up with a slide that launches the opponent on hit. This makes the slide the better combo choice against grounded players. Just as with Slider Shoot, this hits low and is unsafe on block.
Tips and Tricks
0 Bar 0% Drive
- cr.B cr.B cr.B xx dp+C - 192
- cl.C qcb+B f+D dp+C - 231