The King of Fighters XIII/Maxima
In a nutshell
Fill this in with a general overview of the character.
Tips and Tricks
"*" next to the most important combos. First, in any combo involving 2 cr.A,'s you can start with a cr.B, but Maxima's is very slow. His d/f+C hits against crouchers, but only from close. Some combos are much more consistent if you omit the d/f+C, and only use it for punishes and when you can confirm that you're close enough.
- cr.A,d/f+C xx qcb+A - (214)
Safe on block, use only one cr.A for consistency. You can replace cr.A with close C, etc.
- cr.A,d/f+C xx hcb+K~qcb+P - (220)
Also works from cr.A x2, but requires an even closer distance, carries to corner. Of course you can do the same thing from close C (2 hits) or close C (1 hit), d/f+C.
- *counter-hit qcb+P, d/f+C xx dp+K - (361)
If the distance is weird, you can omit the d/f+C.
- *cr.A,cr.A xx qcb+PP, d/f+C xx dp+K - (348)
You can do 3 cr.A's or replace with a cl.C 1 or 2 hits into d/f+C, or just 2 hits of close C, you get the idea. If the distance is weird, you can omit the d/f+C after the wallbounce.
- counter-hit qcfx2+P, walk forward, qcb+A - (389)
- (corner only) counter-hit qcfx2+P, d/f+C xx dp+K - (486)
- cr.A,cr.A xx qcfx2+PP - (382)
You can replace cr.A's with whatever you want.
- counter-hit qcb+P, qcfx2+PP - (482)
- cr.A,cr.A xx qcb+PP, d/f+C xx qcfx2+PP - (536)
- counter-hit qcfx2+P, qcfx2+PP - (607)
- *hcb+K~qcb+P sc qcfx2+P - (325)
Super cancel off his command grab.
- *hcb+KK~qcb+P dc dp+K - (329)
Only works from the EX command grab. Can be ued as a combo ender...not really relevant for that use, but it does do a tiny more damage than the drive-less combo and carries to the corner.
- *hcb+K~qcb+P sc qcfx2+PP - (451)
- hcb+KK~qcb+P sc qcfx2+P - (392)
- *hcb+KK~qcb+P sc qcfx2+PP - (518)
As with any other character, with HD combos you can do whatever moves you like before the BC cancel, such as cr.A/B x2, or a far C/D to confirm into damage off a guard-point.
- cl.C (1 hit),d/f+C hd cl.C (2 hits) xx hcbx2+PP - (597)
- *counter-hit qcb+P, hcbx2+PP - (578)
- cr.A,cr.A xx qcb+PP, hcbx2+PP - (556)
- cl.C (1 hit),d/f+C hd cl.C (1 hit),d/f+C xx hcb+KK~qcb+P sc hcbx2+PP - (733)
- counter-hit qcfx2+P, hcbx2+PP - (689)
- cl.C (1 hit),d/f+C hd cl.C (1 hit),d/f+C xx hcb+KK~qcb+P dc qcb+PP, d/f+C xx hcbx2+PP - (801)
The d/f+C isn't really necessary since it can be a pain to cancel into the Neomax. Try buffering it as hcb, f,d/f+C,qcb+PP.