The King of Fighters XIII/Raiden
In a nutshell
Raiden became instantly infamous in the arcade version of KOF XIII due to his invulnerable drop kicks leading to simple 100% combos. In this newer version, his drop kicks have been toned down and so Raiden players must now use his lesser-explored grappling tools to use him effectively. Raiden can set up ambiguous cross ups after his command grab, hitconfirm back into his grabs quite easily, and the recovery time on his other special moves has been reduced so don't write him off as a nerf victim.
- Jump D's hitbox has been improved to hit downwards. It should whiff less often on short opponents.
- Light Dokugiri (qcb+A) has faster recovery. When it hits, you can follow up with Head Crush (hcf+K).
- Adjustments to Super Dropkick:
- Charge times have been increased. Previously, the charge times were 4 seconds for level 1, 8 seconds for level 2, 12 seconds for level 3, and 16 seconds for level 4.
- Invincibility has been removed.
- Guard crush damage has been reduced.
- Can no longer be connected after a guard cancel attack.
- Knocks the opponent away, preventing mid-screen follow-ups.
- Giant Bomb Feint (db~f+P > AB) has faster recovery.
- EX Raiden Bomb's (dp+AC) forward movement has been reduced.
- Raiden Bomber (qcf qcf+BD) now has complete invincibility.
Tips and Tricks
- Hold D as soon as the match starts