Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/C. Viper
From Shoryuken Wiki, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Strategy and More!
The woman codenamed Crimson Viper is a secret agent working for the C.I.A. Her latest assignment from her superiors was to infiltrate the S.I.N. organization headed by Seth in order to gather information on the BLECE Project. Outfitted with a special suit armed with all sorts of gadgets and weapons, including afterburners and tasers, she successfully gains favor with Seth and, for the time being, works with him. When on duty, she is known as Ms. Perfect for how seriously and efficiently she gets the job done. Outside of work, however, she is a loving and caring mother.
In a nutshell Fans have always likened C. Viper's style to that of former veteran Captain Commando, so it made perfect sense to include her in the lineup of MVC3. Just like in SF4, Viper is a mixup and rushdown powerhouse. What makes her unique from other rushdown characters is the inclusion of the EX versions of her moves from SF4. These versions require one stock of meter each, so she is best used in conjunction with a solid battery to supply her with meter. In addition, she has an airdash to make her mixup more potent than before and to extend combos, as well as a Focus Attack. To compensate for her speed and strength, her health is below average.
Character Specific Information
Tips and Tricks
- Thunder Knuckle can be feinted ( ) even on hit. Use this to extend combos or make blockstrings much safer.
- Burning Kick is a decently fast, mostly safe overhead that you can combo out of. Using this in mixups, especially with assist backup, allows for big damage.
- Viper builds meter extremely quickly, but also consumes it quickly on her EX specials, which are required for most damaging combos. Figuring out how to balance everything is pivotal.
- Viper can deal massive damage throughout one combo, but there are many characters that can survive even her most damaging combos. Use Seismos and resets to ensure the kill on the main combo.
- Since Seismo is able, you can actually perform "tiger knee" ( + ) Seismos to perform many rapid-fire. This is rather difficult for 100% consistency, but important for her gameplay.
- Seismo has abysmal recovery on its own, so be sure to the final one you perform to stay safe.