Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3/Dormammu
In a nutshell
The Dread One is back, and his abilities are stronger than ever before. Dormammu excels in keeping the opponent as far away from him as possible, and thanks to several changes, his offensive potential has been bolstered to match his defense. Perhaps the most important change provided in Ultimate is that his Dark Matter (F+H) is now cancelable, opening up a number of new possibilities, including mixup with his teleports. A once slow but space-domineering character has now gotten just a little lighter on his feet, and that alone is enough to let people know that this time, Dormammu means business and is aiming for that S-Tier spot.
Tips and Tricks
- The Liberation spells Two Red One Blue and One Red Two Blue will be guaranteed the moment you use them, even if you are hit during startup. These can often interrupt the opponent, as well as being amazing zoning / combo tools.
- Dormammu's 8-way air dash is one of his best tools overall. It can be used to escape situations, or an excellent tool for approaches. Most frequently when attacking, you'll want to use the air dash with either or .
- Learn Dormammu's ranges for each of the Dark Hole and Purification spells - these zoning tools can allow him to cover almost any point on the screen for chip damage, or controlling the opponent's options.
- Stalking Flare will always hit for the full 20 hits if uninterrupted. This also counts for blocking, so pushblocking doesn't help the opponent against its chip damage.
- Flame Carpet is a strong combo tool when used as an hit. Use in conjunction with assists to then combo into anything you want!
- Flame Carpet is now X-Factor cancelable. Use it as an , X-Factor cancel, and again, combo whatever you want.
- Since some Liberation spells are guaranteed to activate on frame 1 (immediately), and since you can "buffer" actions during Hyper flash animations, you can actually use these Liberation spells to punish or trade with opponents Hypers. If you can take the hit and the opponent can't, you can use this to punish moves as they hit you, or prevent the opponent from comboing out of his Hyper. This can also be used as a scare tactic, forcing them to use X-Factor earlier than they want to to keep their character safe!
- , super jump, air , into Flight, air , air , air + , air , air , land, Purification, into Chaotic Flame.
(Note that depending where on the screen this combo is performed will alter which Purification must be used.)